Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

!Important! Cough up Blood Question

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by jay-bird, Feb 22, 2012.

1. #1 jay-bird, Feb 22, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 22, 2012
    Hello everyone,

I have been smoking weed for 4 and a half years. The last year or two I smoked at least one blunt ( .8 of a gram about) of weed a day. This is pretty much when I started to notice that every once in a while I would cough up a speck of blood. I used to smoke cigarettes now and then and stopped having them for the last 6 months. I would cough up little specks of blood in the morning after nights of partying. Not like every time but sometimes. I bought my own pipe after a while, which although it was glass was small and harsh and burned the shit out of my throat/lungs.

Since the blood worried me and after a while my throat and tonsils started to feel irritated, I bought a sick bong from the grasscity shop. After a little while my carbon filter that I bought from grasscity came in the mail. Here's where it gets weird. Although i thoroughly rinsed my petco activated carbon and let it air dry outside twice, I felt like I was coughing up blood more often and in bigger amounts after using it. My left tonsil (the one that has a hole in it, common problem with people) would be quite irritated even more-so than before I had bongs with carbon filters. The last time I coughed up blood, it wasn't dark and a little spec like the other times, it was a bigger, "strand" of bright red fresh blood. The time before that it was 2 to 3 times more specks of blood than usual. Both of these times are within the first week of using the carbon filter.

This scared me shitless. I have always been an allergic person my whole life, and I have been reading up on the stories of people that were diagnosed with emphysema after 6 years of only smoking pot (never smoked a cigarette). I have thrown out all my smoking paraphernalia and am smoking a lot less. Im waiting on my doctors call back as we speak.

So... What do you guys think? This is a big deal... not because its happening to me but quite a few weed tokers have these problems; arent we trying to find out exactly how safe or unsafe smoking (not vaping) a lot really is?

- Maybe its because I was always more allergic and physically sensitive to things like dander, dust, mold, pollen, etc... (used to get allergy shots)
    - Maybe its because of the durations and quantities that I was smoking... (every day for a couple years and everyone I smoked with gave me the award for biggest hit taker hands down, if i took a hit i made it my duty every time for it to be a nice big one)
    - Maybe its because its finally time for me to get my tonsils removed...
    - Maybe it was the carbon (flaming embers constantly went through glass screen into carbon)
    - Or maybe its something totally unrelated to smoking thats causing irritation in my left tonsil and making me cough blood.

Oh and BTW aside from having allergies thats about it for my ailments. Never had asthma, or breathing, throat, or tonsil trouble.

Thanks blades for all of your feedback and input.

2. Could be the blunts remember the leaf is tobbaco

3. If anything get your tonsils removed but if I were u would wait to see what the doc says

4. I think it's about time you start saving up for a vape...

5. word, thanks

6. #6 jay-bird, Feb 22, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 22, 2012
    bro r u kidding me? I already got the cash for it and was already thinking about it! I'm literally THIS close to buying a fucking vapor bros.

7. Do it! you will not regret it and your lungs WILL thank you for it.

8. If you don't mind I suggest the Magic Flight Launch Box, only for the ability to use it in public.

If you don't plan on using it in public get a vapor bros like you planned or if you have the money get Da Buddah :smoke:

9. Blunts are bad for you. Quit smoking blunts and your lungs will thank you.

Hell you don't even have to quit smoking to feel better, just stop with the tobacco.

10. You should never bleed when you cough, you could be in the starting stages of cancer, or you could have ruptured your esophagus. Both are fatal.

11. Well, it wasn't like a cough. It was more like me just feeling shit in my throat that I know I wanna hack up. I rarely cough when I smoke weed, but every morning or after blazing it would only be normal for me to feel it and purpously hack to get it out.

12. [quote name='"Blackphobiaz"']You should never bleed when you cough, you could be in the starting stages of cancer, or you could have ruptured your esophagus. Both are fatal.[/quote]

Killing moods left and right..

13. i think u should see a doctor coughing up blood is not good

14. i have a history of lung problems and I have never coughed up any blood. stop smoking.

15. Yea seriously now I'm paranoid because I used to cough up blood with specs but haven't in a while (probably because Ive been latin off the blunts)

Thanks for half way killing my high :mad: