Importance of Germination and Heat

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by cobrakhan5, Jul 11, 2012.

1. How important is it to germ seeds in the heat? I am currently in an apartment with no heat and the high was 55 today and the low was 40. WIll thsi temperature keep the seeds from germinating?

2. Yeah bro you need higher temps 60-90 try putting them in your pc case or somewhere warmer.. also need dark dont forget that...

3. Yeah my laptop puts out pretty good heat I think its sittign aroudn 60+ I got them in a container on my lap with them sittign under my laptop.... when I play racing games it gets even hotter lol =)

4. How to germinate marijuana seeds, cannabis seed germination

Your temps are pretty low for them to germ in a timely manner.

5. Well 3/4 have germed very nicely!!!!! I just put them under the laptop and bingo tht little bit of heat kicked them into gear. So I hope the 4th is not a dud. Oh well I have succesfuly germed my first MJ seeds!!!!! woo hoo. I bought a space heater today also cause I know my babies will want to stay warm =0

6. Umm your lighting makes an awesome heatsource.
    Even a bank of CFL will throw off some heat.
    I'd get ur money back for the heater. And get free heat as a byproduct of lighting.