Importance of changing cfl lights

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by edwardvanhalen, Dec 12, 2010.

1. Hey guys Ive been growing with cfl now for awhile and i was never really sure about this topic. I might have been but i was stoned and forgot haha.

But i know that the ideal range for veg is 5700k for the bulb, and flower is around 2400k.
    Im running low on bulbs and i have two plants going and i have more veg bulbs than flower.

Would there be a significant difference with the plant if it was grown with 5700k bulbs its whole life, flowering included. Thanks guys

2. K? I was wondering about K earlier...I thought the watts were the only thing that matters with the lights....what is K?

3. k refers to the color of light

6500k is more blue for veg and 2700k is more orange/yellow for flowering

4. Kelvin. I believe that in normal flor lights the temp of the gas will be 1500k 2500k etc. This relates to the visible spectrum. You know red to
    Violet.

Kelvin is related to celcius by (c)- 276 = K something like that.

5. ok thanks for the replys guys i appreciate it but do any of you know what the difference would be if i used all veg lights during the flowering cycle, between using the right kind of bulbs for flowering. Would it take the plant longer to mature, would the yield be smaller??

6. As I understand it yea you need either a mix or switch out as needed. Check some cfl grow logs.

7. Ur jus going to get bushy plant with buds that Wont fill in as nice. Bulbs are super cheap jus go get some, you will thank yourself later

8. you sound like you can answer this.

i read an article on black lights today and they referred to the light color range in nm.

What is nm?

9. looked it up.
    it referred to nanometers. The length of the waves of Electromagnetic Radiation in light :eek: