Import Engine from Japan?

Discussion in 'Planes, Trains & Automobiles' started by justyn93, Mar 13, 2012.

1. I have a White Lexus ES300 and I wanna get rims, Subs (already have type R's, but not near loud enough. Looking at DC's paired with 6-8k), new seats (car came from tampa, had no tint and seats got fucked up), new headlights, ect. I think it would almost be better to just get a new engine seeings you can find them for pretty cheap from imported from japan after I did all the work on it. I could just get a different car but if i got a imported engine it would have 30k-ish on it. A new car with that low of miles would cost quite a bit and i'd like for it to be another lexus, BMW, Infiniti, or Acura (i'd take some toyota's, VW's or nissan's into consideration though).

2. Why?

I used to do that too when younger, wish my uncle kicked my ass sooner.

Now I realize that was a HUGE waste, despite thinking 'I am in control of my life' blah blah.

3. What? lol

4. Are you talking about subs and rims? Almost my whole family is into that shit my cuz spent well over 10k on his system he had 2 Solo X's on 10k and it got hard to breath or see straight in it. My uncle has Cerwin Vega's in his house he has 2 4X15's, 2 18's with concert horns, and 2 12's with concert horns, He got it germany for aroung 8 or 9k a long ass time ago and that was cheap for it cuz our money was way stronger then theirs then

5. Solo X's are kind of a waste in my opinion. For all the money you're going to spend on the sub itself, amp and big enough wiring to transfer it all, you could buy a way better setup. If you want loud bass @ good quality. Fi Car Audio is the way to go.

Swap wise:
    BMW E30's are cheap nowadays. They also just happened to fit V12's under the engine bay meaning many other engines will most likely fit. Toyota's 2JZ, BMW's inline 6, V8, V10,V12 and Chevy's LS1&2 will fit into this car. Power is no problem whatsoever. Putting an engine swap into an older car will save you some money on the side. Throw some subs and a custom rear deck into it. It'd be sweet and powerful.

Also:
    I don't know why your uncle spent that much money on Cerwin Vegas. They're good speakers, don't get me wrong but for $8000 you could build way more than that. 4x FI BTL 18"s, 4x EV 10" in a custom fabricated rear deck will get you shaking Taco Bell's windows or even houses for that matter.

6. [quote name='"EmpireDRIFT"']Solo X's are kind of a waste in my opinion. For all the money you're going to spend on the sub itself, amp and big enough wiring to transfer it all, you could buy a way better setup. If you want loud bass @ good quality. Fi Car Audio is the way to go.

Swap wise:
    BMW E30's are cheap nowadays. They also just happened to fit V12's under the engine bay meaning many other engines will most likely fit. Toyota's 2JZ, BMW's inline 6, V8, V10,V12 and Chevy's LS1&2 will fit into this car. Power is no problem whatsoever. Putting an engine swap into an older car will save you some money on the side. Throw some subs and a custom rear deck into it. It'd be sweet and powerful.

Also:
    I don't know why your uncle spent that much money on Cerwin Vegas. They're good speakers, don't get me wrong but for $8000 you could build way more than that. 4x FI BTL 18"s, 4x EV 10" in a custom fabricated rear deck will get you shaking Taco Bell's windows or even houses for that matter.[/quote]

Yeah solo xs are gay I like dc audio better then Fi everyone sees Steve Meade then wanna get fi its kind of annoying. Dc level 5 will out pound a btl no problem

7. My cuz didn't pay full retail for the solos either he got Them blown and re conned them or whatever lol

8. Different car.

9. You do realize your subs are fine... Get a red top bat and a planet audio 5k watt amp.. Sub don't matter.. All that matters is how clean the power the subs are getting n if u wanna argue I got 2 8" 600 watts max with 8k wats rms going to them... With 3 red tops and all 0g wiring

10. I have 0ga wiring too, I plan on getting an aq 2200 and I'm gonna make a box that's 5cubes and tuned at 35—33hz

11. This is retarded.. You want something fast but you are going to be adding around 500lbs to the car for a stereo you wont be able to turn up while in the car. Don't waste your money on an engine if you are going with a huge sub setup. If you want a fast car don't waste weight and money on a big system.. I've had one DD9515f powered by a VR4000D in an Audi TT 3.86 cubes with 60sqin of port area and hit over 150dbs.. You will feel the weight, you won't be able to turn it up and you will need more than just 1 run of 0awg to keep the power up including a high output alternator. Pick one and go, you'll be wasting time and money on compromising and not be happy with either..

Ripped it out and now going BT in te Audi instead..

12. [quote name='"midnittoke"']This is retarded.. You want something fast but you are going to be adding around 500lbs to the car for a stereo you wont be able to turn up while in the car. Don't waste your money on an engine if you are going with a huge sub setup. If you want a fast car don't waste weight and money on a big system.. I've had one DD9515f powered by a VR4000D in an Audi TT 3.86 cubes with 60sqin of port area and hit over 150dbs.. You will feel the weight, you won't be able to turn it up and you will need more than just 1 run of 0awg to keep the power up including a high output alternator. Pick one and go, you'll be wasting time and money on compromising and not be happy with either..

Ripped it out and now going BT in te Audi instead..[/QUOTE

I don't want it to go fast... Did I ever say that? And I doubt you hit 150 on a term lab

13. #13 midnittoke, Mar 27, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2012
    [quote name='"justyn93"'][/quote]

Actually yes, i did.. Collaboration with Brad Fergard from DD design and research team. You have a lot to learn...

- then why waste your time with an engine swap and an "import from Japan"

14. You probably dont even know what your interior frequency is..

15. Yeah forgot about HO *** it's needed get a red top or 2 also and amps ur subs will be fine.... Highest I've hit is 152,4 db n my box was 6 cubes n tuned to 36 hz.... But yeah pick sound or speed... Not both

16. No offense but why are you guys tuning so low? Depending on box placement, the tuning frequency is usually lowered by the cabin of the car. If you can tune the box to the interior frequency it will sound and feel much louder and clearer. I had the box tuned to 40hz and in car frequency was around 37 hz if I remember correctly. The box and port placement inside the car tuned it down to around 36 hz..

17. [quote name='"midnittoke"']

Actually yes, i did.. Collaboration with Brad Fergard from DD design and research team. You have a lot to learn...

- then why waste your time with an engine swap and an "import from Japan"[/quote]

Because they are cheap as fuck and my engine has high miles

18. [quote name='"iconic3"']Yeah forgot about HO *** it's needed get a red top or 2 also and amps ur subs will be fine.... Highest I've hit is 152,4 db n my box was 6 cubes n tuned to 36 hz.... But yeah pick sound or speed... Not both[/quote]

Again, I did not say ANYTHING about speed... I have a lexus not a honda

19. #19 midnittoke, Mar 28, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 28, 2012
    [quote name='"justyn93"']

Because they are cheap as fuck and my engine has high miles[/quote]

Again, pull the engine and have the block honed and head cleaned.. Way cheaper than buying any engine and paying shipping. Otherwise you'll be fighting the ecu or having to go stand alone as that will be way over your head in technical manner and budget. It won't be an easy swap into a Lexus without going with te exact same engine and tranny. I honestly think you should do more research on systems and engine swaps into the Lexus before you attempt this.. Just coming from someone who has done both in an Audi.

20. Yeah but I was looking at the same engine that it has in it now