Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Immune to edibles?

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Ihazabp, Jun 30, 2012.

1. I've attempted to try edibles a handful of times. A couple homemade firecracker, dispensary brownies and a cookie recently. Each time I felt nothing, yet when I smoke I get riiiiiped. Now I'm no noob; it's not that I'm actually high and don't notice. I would definitely notice.

I'm not an insanely huge dude either. 215 lbs and 5'9". In fact, my 320 pound friend was blazed off of one cookie. What's wrong wih me, blades?

2. your liver probably does not efficiently absorb the thc in the oils/fats in the edibles. badkitty's thread has the most info on this topic, there are some oils that may work better for someone in your situation

3. If you smoke a lot (several times daily) that could have something to do with it. I know edibles don't get me very high. I've eaten up to 1/2 ounce in firecrackers/brownies and barely caught a buzz. Had to smoke a blunt to get high.

215 lbs is pretty big for 5'9... I'm only 165-170 and I'm 6'1. I guess it's not that big compared to most americans now days... sad.

4. You probably need better edibles. Try the 8-15 dose brownie/gingerbread from On The Rise Bakery and you'll be floored. The stuff by THCafe is good too. Many dispensaries carry 'em now.

5. I'm quite a bit of muscle. Nobody I ask thinks I weigh as much as I do. As far as the other replies, ill look into Badkitty's thread. Sadly, I'm not good friends with any people for more dispensary access

6. Make it yourself, experiment a bit. I know someone who is 220 and 5'11" works out twice a day and gets stupidly stoned when he eats just one brownie...you're prly just having bad luck with your edibles