Imminent Breakup

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by legalizeme, Nov 19, 2012.

1. Hey GC, so I'm dating this girl going on about 10 months. Lately, I've been less interested in her, and my feelings have subsided a little bit. I'm about to graduate, and have a lot of opportunities lined up, so I'm a lot more focused on myself right now. Last night, she mentioned how she felt disconnected, and I ended up explaining how I don't feel as strongly for her as I used to. She started crying, obviously, and said she feels like shit, that if I'm having doubts now then it doesn't look good etc. etc. So after a lot of contemplation, I ended the convo and went to sleep saying we'd talk tomorrow.

Now, I obviously care about this girl, but I don't think she's "the one." Plus, I really haven't felt sexually attracted to her for a couple of weeks. Now I know I should probably break up with her, but we work together, and we're scheduled to work all day this Friday and Saturday together too. Yeah yeah, you can read my previous posts and see all the people trying to talk me out of dating a co-worker. I'm leaving this job for something more promising after this weekend, however. So I don't know what to do.

Also, there's a part of me that's thinking I'm just too distracted to focus on a girlfriend right now. I'm going through a personal phase, and I'm trying to find myself. Maybe if we just saw each other less, my feelings would come back? Idk, this is the first girl I've had to do the breaking up with, so maybe I'm being too emotional.

Well, since we're working this weekend, I don't want to break it off now, cause it would probably produce awkwardness at work. Yet, I don't want to drag it out, because that's unfair to her. Any advice?

2. You have to think about yourself right now, not her feelings. My advice as a girl would be to tell her you need a break to think about the relationship and then, while alone you can contemplate. She will hate you if you drag it out and continue to be distant. Everyone wants to be loved! :)

3. Yeah dont drag her on, its been done to me and it sucks. End it and make it blatant that you longer attracted and this is an end. Not a "well...maybe if we give it some time... blahblahblah" and leave her hanging on to that string for hope.

4. sounds like one of my first relationships. Unless you are confident you can break it off perfectly (unless shes over it as well). Just do it after working this weekend, that two days of awkwardness will be much better then if you do it now then have to work together in the weekend. Or she might not show up to work because of it. got to tell her and give her time to talk it out

5. You said you're leaving your job after this weekend.

Break up with her now. One weekend of awkward work is better than dragging it out and making her worry all week long.

6. Appreciate it Jeja. That's what I was thinking. At the most, I'll drag it out till after we work, then I can sit her down and talk. It's going to suuuuuck

I know man, it happened to me too in my last relationship. The only reason I want to drag it out is because of work this weekend. I want her to be happy, I don't want to make her cry. Too bad that's not going to work anymore :(

Well, she already started freaking out when I hinted at it, so I don't think she's going to be over it. I'm 21, she's 25, so I think she may be looking to settle down. As for her not showing up, that's highly unlikely unless she can get her shifts covered, or she'll get fired. I'll prob just finalize it over the weekend. Thanks for the help... GC has always had my back!

7. Yeah shit, you're right. But damn it I don't want to do that! Haha

8. It's not going to be easy, but it's the right thing to do. :p

9. Well, we broke up last night. First time I've been on this end of it, and it's weird because I feel like shit. It hurts me so bad to see her crushed; I can't do anything to help her. I feel like a dick because all of it was so sudden, but I can't change my feelings.

The worst part is that now I'm second guessing myself, yet I know I shouldn't go back to her. Damn I already miss her... is this shit normal?

10. I am a vagina predator, i have no feelings.

11. You never realize whatchu got till its gone homie

12. Tell that bitch that you just wanna be friends,

Bitches love it when dudes just wanna be friends.

13. [quote name='"HBGBUB"']You never realize whatchu got till its gone homie[/quote]

Couldn't of said this better myself. Maybe ya'll just needed that spark back! Maybe you guys could have spend less time together as you explored yourself and took up those opportunities you said you have lines up! If she loved ya man she would be there by your side and watched you grow :)

The grass is always greener where you water it bro.
    In the end the decision is done and you have to live it man.
    BEST WISHES