Immigrant invasion, why is it Mexico's problem?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Cactus Ed, Jun 7, 2019.

1. America's being overrun and it's congress's fault so what responsibility does Mexico have to help us with this problem? I would be satisfied if Mexico would simply stop helping these unfortunate people come to America. Now they hire busses or give these immigrants rides to help them along further north and that just makes it easier for the immigrants to make the journey. If they had to walk the whole way while dodging Mexican police the journey would be so hard it would naturally limit the number of people making the move.

I don't like the idea of tariffs but Mexico is compounding our immigrant problem by assisting these people along the way. They shouldn't help them, I mean they shouldn't even feed them. I support Trump's tariff idea only because I don't see any other way to get Mexico's attention. I understand why the Mexicans put immigrants on busses headed north because it gets them out of their backyard but it puts them in ours and that ain't right.

If anyone has a better idea for what Mexico should be doing I'd love to hear it. I have no idea what Trump thinks Mexico should be doing but if only they would stop helping the immigrants I'd be satisfied and I'd put all the blame on congress where it belongs.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Once again Ed I must agree you are a very smart American.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. You are a very perceptive individual ;)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Is Canada asking countries for a million immigrants?
    [​IMG]
    A story saying Canada's Prime Minister, Justin Trudeau, has invited a million immigrants from individual countries to come to his country is spreading.Is Canada asking countries for a million immigrants?

Pass 'em thru Pass 'em thru .lol

• Like Like x 1
  5. Too bad it's fake news. Any country asking for a million undereducated and unskilled immigrants would be on some other planet. Imagine the dozens of new schools that will be required to educate the children of immigrants who've barged uninvited into America in just the last month, educating the children of a million immigrants would take hundreds of new schools.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Empty your prisons into Mexico. Simple, cost effective solution that would save money and rid the US of undesirables.

Tariffs only hurt the working man.

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. Devil's advocate, here - could be a geographical practicality thing? Europe had huge success doing a similar thing with Turkey - the carrot was used, not the stick, but the end goal was to make Turkey stop the migrant flow, and it worked excellently. Drastically reduced the amount of people coming here.
    Stick strategies are being used on other countries that won't take their migrants back.

EU restricts visas for non-cooperation on migration | DW | 06.06.2019

The migrant crisis sucked, it caused and continues to cause thousands of migrant deaths and all the rape, resource drain and inner turmoil that you know about. It completely upended Europe's status quo and there is now a serious anti-EU element within the EU. The fat bill paid to the dictator of Turkey was worth it, or things would have been much worse now.

All that said, the situation in USA seems completely different, and the culture of the migrants is also completely different.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. That's what My Momma always said LOL

• Like Like x 2
  9. The prisoners emptied into Mexico would simply come back across the border into America where they would be free to engage in whatever deviltry they specialized in before their imprisonment. It wouldn't save money or rid America of undesirables and it would be difficult to round them up again. Other than that little detail, it's a good plan.

10. I was reading the EU paid Turkey 6 billion to stem the migrant flow plus promises to consider their admission into the EU. If we could get Mexico to stop the immigrant flow thru their country it would be totally worth 6 billion. I'd take Central American immigrants over Middle Eastern immigrants in a heartbeat.

• Like Like x 1

11. This tariff that Trump has come up with won't work either, it'll only hurt the average American. Why do you think even the most die hard Republicans on the border are up in arms about it?
    It's a 10% extra tax on Americans, nothing more than that.

I'm surprised you think this is a good idea Ed.

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. If it's only an extra tax on Americans then why is Mexico trying to avoid the tariff?

13. well as I understand Mexico has very stringent immigration laws - but is allowing what are referred to pass through's to happen so they can go through mexico to our borders with out any documentaion

• Like Like x 1
  14. Yes, if Mexico would enforce their laws it would be helpful but it's not for America to insist Mexico enforce their immigration laws especially when we don't enforce our own. There must be some reason that convinces Mexico it's in their best interest to stop allowing millions of people, mainly from Central America but some from around the world, to cross thru their country unimpeded. Right now it's in their best interest to simply allow them thru, that's what Trump is trying to change. Allowing them thru has to hurt worse than using the resources required to stop them.

• Winner Winner x 1
  15. and thus the terriffs - which I support 100% along with wall on both north and south borders where possible

• Like Like x 1
  16. A real country will secure their own border. I like that POTUS is saying u should have to ask for asylum in the first country enter

Sent from my SM-G935T using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 2
  17. Someone breaks into my house, they're not walking out. They'll be carried out with a big ass hole center mass. I feel the same thing should apply to breaking into my country.

Come legally to my house, I'll invite you in and offer you a beer. I feel the same sentiment should apply to coming to my country legally.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Nobody wants tariffs on their goods, I'm sure Mexican businessess are concerned about the impact on their customers.

Are you not concerned about the impact this tariff will have on US customers?

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. So you think Mexico wouldn't be hurt by the tariff but they are trying like hell to avoid it because they're concerned about the impact on their customers? That's awfully considerate of them.

I'm not really concerned about a 5% tariff's effect on Americans, it's not that much and if it comes down to it, we can deal with it. It's worth paying 5% to give Trump a powerful negotiating tool but I think the manufacturers would eat the costs anyway.

• Like Like x 1
  20. USA dropper toll på varer fra Mexico

Always interesting to see what makes it to Norwegian state newspaper headlines.
    Looks like it worked.

Wish Europe had the sack to do something like this, instead of paying off and empowering dictators.