Immediate Help Needed re: plant damaged

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by da8ball, Sep 6, 2009.

1. I need help. my plant,3 feet tall, and very nice and healthy, 3 weeks into flowering with nice 1" flowers all over it, was outside in a pot, sunsoaking for the afternoon. the wind tipped it over where it fell upside down snapping or breaking several larger branches, including the main stalk half way up. the main stem broke but not all the way. i electrical taped it backup striaght gave it fresh water and took the other smaller branches that broke, re cut them at a 45 degree anle and put into large cup of water with mild phosphorus fret in it, and placed under the hps. it was very badly bent and it looks as though the main stem may or may not survive. What if anything should I do? this happened at 3pm cst.

2. You can splint them (the breaks), just don't wrap them too tight or you cut off circulation.

3. I only wrapped the branches where they where split or broken, tight enough to hold them in position. i took the broken ones and have them in water in the sun.

4. I would have used splints, but your tape may do the same job.

5. what bout the ones that broke off that i recut and set in a cup of water?what should be done with those?

6. You can try to splice back in a break, and I know a few that have actually done it and recovered, but usually it is a gonner.

7. Can i try to clone the snapped off branches? The buds are about 1 inch on the snapped off branches i have soaking in water?

8. You should be able to pull some clones off the snapped branch.

Some will argue potency potential as your already in flower mode though.

I have done this and I didn't see any difference in quality, but the ones I used were not that far along, but they were in bloom.

9. can i get your recommendation on what rooting compound you would recommened for trying to save the snapped branches?they are about 8 inches long with 3-4 smaller branches and smaller flowers on it.

10. Well I would try to use branches that haven't gone to bud yet or at least parts of branches that show no budding.

The reversion to veg state is very traumatic for the plant.

I use "Olivia's cloning gel" and it sounds like now is the right time for you to build a cloning tank/fixture.

It will be a good learning experience if you still want to grow.

11. can u send me the link or info for the cloning tank?i have cloned before using schultze root compound. I, in the past, dipped cuttings in compound then put in my soil.

12. There are some links here that you can search for.

Basically, they consist of a container, fan and flourescent light (small).

I use about a gallon of RO water and a weak mix of fertilizer to let them sit in.

Rockwool and small containers.

Make sure you check the water level though as they will get more fertilizer as the water drops and then they grow faster.