IMgreen's first hydro grow! WW/WR in a river/waterfall/bio-bucket system

Discussion in 'Marijuana Grow Journals' started by IMgreen, Jan 23, 2008.

1. I got some hydro building going on!

In anticipation of my forthcoming beans I am building a couple river/waterfall/bio-bucket systems!

So far I have leak tested one "practice" unit (none, even with a cracked grow chamber!) and I got some lavarock cleaned and sitting in the system in 8" buckets...

that stuff is a BITCH to clean!!

the bottom bin in this pic is really gonna be a grow chamber, not a res, but I did not want to drill the holes in the expensive one until I tried it in a cheaper one (the sterilite container on top) and

this bin is rated at carrying 400lbs so I am not worried about a collapse...

its got a 400 gph with a 1/2" line (empties out the res in less than 5 minutes and the "real" res will be a lot smaller) and the root zone has a 1" line to dump through

Attached Files:

2. ooooh shit u doin hydro homie its on!!

good luck w the crazy system lol

3. thanks!

took longer to wash the damn rocks off than it did to drill, fill, connect and test the tubs!

this is gonna be fun...

4. **pulls up a chair**

This is gonna be good :D:hello::smoking:

5. hell yeah man i cant wait to see how this pans out for you, maybe we can compare notes on river systems when i get around to getting my pics up

6. put them damn pics up TODAY doob3r!

lol

what do you got growing in it and for how long?

7. Looks really good. Iv'e seen a few river systems and your looks awsome.

Should get seeds soon right?

8. should be soon!

I paid way way way after I ordered, they just got it

The one I built yesterday is not what I am gonna grow in, it's practice!

having never built anything like this before I have no clue as to how much water volume a 400 gph pump moves at what velocity and then what size drain would be needed...

For the smaller units I am going to use 1/2" lines pumping into the grow chamber and a 1" drain.

also wanted to try the through wall fittings I got, did not wanna drill the good bins until I at least tried a cheapo one...

9. What strain(s) will you be growing?

10. white russian and white widow

will do three of each to start

11. You going to keep them in seperate systems? You might want to think about it. They will probably have different growth rates and nute tolerances. Widow in particular is (supposedly) really fussy about nutes, although I didn't find that to be the case with my widows.

12. Im still building waiting on my trip to amsterdam nextmonth before i start another grow, i may just try and sneak some type of freaky ass seeds home :)

13. somebody on the breeders board said the white russian having so much ww in it, that they can be fed the same...

BUT

I was also thinking if I do one strain at a time...

I can pull a male and a female, pollenate one and get seeds...

though given this is my first "real" green grow (not bagseed) I dont know if I wanna wait to try each, so will prolly do 3 of each and see...

dont try to BRING some...

send some to a friend!

14. im just gonna have them in my pants in my bag, if they find them imma say "what the fuck do you expect dude, ive been in amsterdam smoking weed" and play it off as accidental

15. Hey Man I have this figured out and I'm not going. But here ya go:

Bring back a bag of Tulip bulbs. They have skins on them. Just slide the beans inside the bulbs.

They are known for tulips too.:smoking:

16. my boy mailed himself seeds successfully from aMsterdam and I mail myself weed all the time but inside the states, not sure if you want to from Amsterdam

17. see that man? getting all kindsa ideas for how to smuggle...

we're ALL pulling for you!

a trip to amsterdam would be a lotta fun!
    (a trip anyplace would be great about now!!)

Who you traveling with? Family, co workers, friends?

(I could see some folks being better company in amsterdam than others)

18. :hello:Hey.. Hows it going IMgreen?? You have a nice setup going and I'm glad to see your trying something different this time!!! I hope everything turns out the way you would like!! I'll be around.. and I can't wait until you get started lol!!! Good luck!!!:smoking:

19. I cant wait to get started either!