Imagine this masterpiece ! Sweet n' savoury sandwich

Discussion in 'The Great Indoors' started by Love420247, Feb 2, 2013.

1. #1 Love420247, Feb 2, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 2, 2013
    Just walked into the kitchen, and made something with what I had at my disposal on a whim.

So imagine, a sandwich.

This sandwich two pieces of french toast, squishing together many ripe slices of banana, and some mini marshmallows strategically placed in it, and melted and cooked together and scrumptious. ^_^

Then of course you can top it off with some chocolate sauce, syrup, whipped cream, whatever you want!

On that note, you could really put whatever you want between the french toasts ! blueberries, or chocolate chips and marshmallows, ill let you decide !

Okay , so you have your two pieces of bread, preferably french, as you are going to cook it as french toast. :)

For the coating, you first put cinnamon in a flat bottom bowl, and I like a dash of cardamom or cloves to spice it up , literally ;)
    How much just depends on how much you like spices, you dont even realllllly need them,

and a little vanilla and a tiny splash of milk to make a little spice paste in the bottom of the egg mixture

You make this paste so the spices mix easier with the egg that you will now put in , and a few table spoons of milk

mix it all up , then you can coat your slices of bread and cook them until they are nice golden brown, dont over do it !

do one, put it to the side, do the other (unless you have big enough frying pan for both at once)

then make the sandwich by putting a layer of banana and the marshmallows between the french toast.

At this point I poured the last of the egg mixture onto the pan (only to not waste it) and put the sandwich on top of it

I fried it until the marshmallow I could see was all melted, the banana was softer, and the egg was all cooked

Then I stuck it on my plate and poured on the chocolate sauce , and a few strands of syrup and a whorl or two of of whipped cream ..

ahh it was great ^_^

2. Sounds amazing it makes me jealous as I'm trying to keep my sugar intake down

3. Whoa baby that's what I'm talking about! I'll take two fuck da sugar!!

4. This is very cool hahaha, unfortunately I wont cook it because I don't have the ingredients :p but my muchies just woke up..

5. OP you have great passion and enthusiasm for a truly epic creation but where is the savory? All I see is sweet :laughing:

I recommend a Monte Cristo for both sweet and savory in a French Toast sandwich, as well as its many variations.

Monte Cristo sandwich - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Elvis Presley put PB&J and bananas on white bread and then deep fried the whole thing. During his later years, when he resembled an orca whale. Also can't help but think of my dip shit high school defensive lineman coach who advised me to change my diet to PB&J and milk shakes. Really solid nutritional advice. :bolt:

6. If you're putting in work when you lift and run pb&j with milk is great, but that monte cristo sandwhich I gotta try it

7. My coach wanted me to get fat. But I take it you're implying carbing up before a work out?

I would rather eat fruit, and mix it with nuts or some jerkey so insulin doesnt spike and I don't crash. Then I drink a protein shake. Fuck PB&J :p

8. Thank you , :)
    I figured all the spices gave it a bit of a savory angel but yea I realize thats a bit off

And yes I lovee monte's ^_^
    I like mine with bacon instead of ham , then the turkey and 3 kinds of cheese's , and fry that sucker up!