Imagination: Illusion?

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by Czarchastic, May 12, 2009.

1. #1 Czarchastic, May 12, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2009
    Is there imagination?

If yes, can you imagine something altogether new?
    If no, from where did intangible concepts come?
    If neither, so?

2. Cant you just create a concept for something, then imagine how you want it to look; wouldnt that be creating something new?:confused:

3. i think thoughts and imagination are some of the hardest things to explain. i think we imagine things to gain knowledge from within ourselves. then once we completely understand the things that we learn, we can imagine things on a deeper level. then once we completely understand those conclusions, we learn from them and think deeper and so on. so i think its always possible to imagine somethings new, unless your all knowing

4. Illusion: imagination?

Is there illusion?

If yes, can an illusion be so real that it's not really an illusion?
    If no, what is the real basis of illusion?
    If both, why not neither?

5. Yes.

It is.

6. Now you answer me.

7. Ah... ye olde forced reciprocation.

Are there labels? Yes, of course... Then is it true that "words are only noise... words are just noise" à la Bowery Electric? No point in me answering if so.

What I'm saying is, as long as you enjoy and appreciate a perspective and its implied answers, why get caught up in how to characterize, define, distinguish, diminish, finish, or conclude the mystery?

That being said, imagination and illusion are one and the same, just like imagination and reality are one and the same, just like reality and illusion are one and the same.

Intangible concepts aren't an intangible concept. That being said, there's nothing that says they aren't intangible concepts.

8. Infinite combinations of already thunk thoughts, means imagination is unlimited.

Imagination is contained within itself. Like errything else.

9. Errbody in the club gettin' tipsy.

10. Hahhaa. Still waiting on that album. ;)

11. Wait, which?

12. Psssh. You need to get with it. This guy named Saint Happening. Shit is firrrahh!

13. ;) 'z a good one.

14. My dear old Mr. Doctaj,
    That made no sense.
    From,
    Me.

15. son of a bitch my head is spinning!!! i didn't know people got so philisophical.......... and it hurts my brain just trying to keep up w/ the conversation.

16. I like what Einstein said about imagination.

17. everything is an illusion.
    its that simple.

18. but if everything is illusion, what is there to base illusion on? reality? but that would contradict itself because it would be illusion. am on the right track here?:p

19. Well, I think a problem people have in recognizing the essential Oneness of all things is they see reality and imagination and they think, ah! They're so different they must be two different things.

But think about the imagination. Couldn't we say it's like a metaphor? Relative in a deep way.
    And the root of metaphor is Being. I AM a cloud. She WAS a waterfall. It's not so different really.

20. sonofabitch! :eek: