iMac/ Itunes update.

Discussion in 'Silicon (v)Alley' started by black sabbath, Dec 22, 2019.

1. Sup guys. This is probably a dumb question so sorry in advance but I know Apple is phasing out iTunes if its not done with already. I have a 2017 iMac desktop with all my music on there and no backup other than my huge collection of physical disks. Does anyone know that if I upgrade my iMac.... iTunes, along with everything on it will be erased pff my pc?

2. Do you think Apple would want to piss everybody off who has a music library by deleting it?

Having said that, I have no idea, but I just cannot imagine they would do that.

I do wonder what they expect us to do, download a third party app? That doesnt sound like Apple either. Luckily my Mac is so old I cannot update the OS anymore so I should be safe.

3. They're pushing for people to use Apple Music. Basically another music streaming service just owned by apple.

4. I dont know what the fuck Apple is about these days, but I use itunes, every day basically...stopped clicking yes on the updates about a year ago...the ipod classic is still my go-to device...and if I was you Id get all that music onto an external hard drive, asapppp

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. It won't catalogue your library?

I dislike iphones for Apples dumb decisions but I am a fan of their computers... Maybe they are going to drive me away from that too.

I guess Linux may be in my future

• Like Like x 1
  6. I agree, and will be doing this before/ if I decide to update. Just another way for apple to suck me dry....

I love my desktop but, its ridiculous sometimes...

7. I uploaded what music I had to Google music. And I am a wholly Apply boy (comes with the J - O - B). Having said that, I don't think I've touched iTunes in years. Spotify baby. All day, every day....