Im worried...

Discussion in 'General' started by ray0408, Apr 4, 2017.

1. Im high as fuck right now watching conspiracies and it just hit me. What if the government can access or gets access through grasscity forums or any other weed forums and tracks down growers on the forums using IP address n shit?? Im talking about the growers who post about their grows, pics and advice about growing etc. is there any OPSEC that growers use here on the forums or legal barriers that forums can use to prevent this? Im worried about the growers in the weed community! Or am I just paranoid from the weed and overreacting?

• Like Like x 4
  2. torguard's vpn & offshore email is what i use. $8.47/mo with 50% discount code.
    *edit: you should be worried.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Yeah thats good for you but I mean other ordinary members who dont? Shouldn't there be a warning to use vpn's on the homepage to prevent any potential incrimination? I havnt even thought about this until now, im high as a kite so not sure if its the conspiracy talking or a legit security/safety issue for such members on the forum

4. no, it is a legit concern.
    i just think pretty much everyone is aware of this.
    they know where you are right down to your street address.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Gov't is watching your every move, regardless.

Hello, 1984.

• Like Like x 5
  6. the way things are in washington right now (subject to change anytime), i don't think they are actively kicking down growers doors over a couple plants in a closet.
    it would take a warrant from a judge to seize the database here. the admins likely would never even know it happened since they would get it from the hosting provider... unless its offshore.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Damn, ill probably look into the matters tomorrow morning when im sober but I feel it should be more explicit for members to take security measures. I dont think the average Joe who grows personal amounts in his home would even think about IP tracing etc. unless they are somewhat familiar to Internet technology in general. I just hope the members who may or may not be doing 'illegal' activities, are doing so with safety measures in place when accessing the forums

8. right you are!
    once you get setup with a vpn and anonymous email, just create yourself a new account here and let the old one become inactive would be my suggestion.

9. cybersecurity is a utopian dream. USAPATRIOT ACT enabled the FBI to probe any suspected link to investigative query because of a project called KARNIVORE. The more you know, the more they will let you know.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Well if I'm correct the server for Grasscity is based Amsterdam, so anything and everything on this website falls under the jurisdiction of the dutch government.

Either way I'm sure the Government has tabs on everyone at all times, they probably don't care what you're doing unless you're planning some shit against them. I'm sure 90% of their cameras are just people picking their nose, scratching their balls and sniffing it, etc.

• Like Like x 1
  11. I dont think I have much to worry about, I just come here to chill when im stoned. I don't even grow so I doubt anyone would be kicking down the door. As said before my concern is for others who may not be aware. On a side note, are we living in the twilight zone, where government activily criminalise people growing a plant lmao, there should be no paranoia surrounding a goddamn plant

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Why are you paranoid if you don't grow?

• Like Like x 1
  13. I bet they can and I bet they do

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

14. They could do lol but they aren't bothered about me and my 3 plants when you take into account what the government get upto

15. If your dumb enough to put pictures on this website you deserve anything that happens to you

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. that's another issue...
    photos taken with cell phones contain metadata... which includes... your location right down to the street address, time/date taken, etc.

17. Statue of limitations blades. If y'all think your bein scoped out, clean your shit out. Get rid of everything, just cause they have pictures don't mean it's proof if it ain't there yah get what I mean?

Sent from my XT1585 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

18. another one is email...
    email is probably the most comprehensive surveillance system ever devised.
    why do you think we get a full featured email account for free?
    when i see adverts related to my interests, it scares me.

• Like Like x 1
  19. There are so many growers on the site...I've never heard of anyone getting popped for posting growing pics. Most growers upload their pics to apps or sites like Imgur first anyway...which scrubs the location info from your pics.

Plus I think it helps the servers for this forum are located in the Netherlands...it creates a sticky situation for American law enforcement...and I doubt the forum owner superjoint is gonna go out of his way to help the police bust growers for something he believes in.

So yeah...quit being so paranoid :smoking:

• Like Like x 2