Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

I'm worried about Utah metabolite DUI

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Dat Grass, Feb 1, 2013.

1. So I recently moved to Utah, and a guy I met received a DUI because he wanted to prove he wasn't drunk so he consented to a urinalysis. It turns out he had smoked pot within 30 days of this incident so they charged him with a DUI due to this bogus law.
    I'm concerned about this happening to me. Let's say I am asked to take a drug test by a police officer what's the best course of action to take? I'm not going to get a DUI for smoking within the last 30 days, that's ridiculous. Any legal advice?

2. You worry to much.

3. Move out of Utah.

4. #4 Ingjr, Feb 1, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2013
    Don't drink and drive that will solve the whole problem of them asking you for a breath test or a UA.

5. I mean, who doesn't drive high? Anyone that drives high should worry about this. I know it's not entirely safe but it's one of my favorite things to do. In my last state, to get busted with a DUI for weed the cops had to get a warrant for a blood test to prove you were under the influence of marijuana while driving (this obviously never happened). As long as there was no weed or paraphernalia in the car, I had nothing to worry about. In Utah, even if I'm not high, getting caught with weed in the car could give the cops cause to request a drug screen. A simple possession charge becomes a lot riskier when a DUI is also a possibility.