I'm tired of this.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by nygetshigh, Jan 23, 2009.

1. #1 nygetshigh, Jan 23, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 23, 2009
    I'm tired of the American corporations outsourcing their jobs to other countries. My father works for IBM. He is a maintenance guy who fixes the machines(re-aligns lasers, works with deadly gases, etc). He lost his AWS a few months ago(in other words 20% of his pay), which basically wiped out all of the raises he received for the last 5 years(he's been there for about 20 years). They've had layoffs again and again but their profits keep going up(http://www.lohud.com/article/2008901210324). Last year they layed off 13,000 workers my dad said. He also heard they were going to lay off 100,000 by 2010, oputsourcing them to india and china. For every U.S. worker layed off, they hired one in another country (http://blog.noslaves.com/ibm-to-layoff-150000/). So, exactly how much did they make this year? $103 billion i believe. And they had $14 BILLION DOLLARS LAYING AROUND AFTER THE SHAREHOLDERS WERE PAYED, INVESTMENTS WERE MADE,ETC. They basically plan on outsourcing their shit to other countries. I know I'm never going to buy their shit. These people are helping drive our economy into the ground. If president Obama actually wants to do something, he needs to stop the outsourcing of these jobs, and bring them back(U.S. workers helped build that company). They don't want to listen, then slap them with a mothafuckin tarrif. No more subsidies or tax breaks for you, bitch. That's what needs to be done. If Obama wants to "stimulate the economy, he needs to keep jobs here. That is the key to success, to stop these filthy, greedy pigs from raping the american people of their money. I'm writing Obama a letter. Maybe it'll work, you never know. (Federal Reserve is also the root of all evil).

EDIT: Next layoff is in a few days, pray for my dad, he needs to stay there till he finds another job.

2. The subsidies and tax breaks support the in-house monopolies like housing, finance and agriculture. These keep industries alive at artificial rates.

Outsourcing is a result of several things, such as the inflated standard of living enjoyed by Americans. As far as Obama's control over jobs, he will only send more away with his increased regulations and taxation.

He plans on diverting jobs from the private to public sector through his New New Deal.

3. hmm wonder what's gunna happen, and the layoff starts tonight.

4. blame it on the high tax brackets that the u.s. imposesses on businesses,,,

it's allmost a crime to show a profit in this country,,,,

the more you make/ the more they take<-!!!:cool:

5. That's the government... always trying to keep the rich man down. :rolleyes:

6. well if they're making record profits already why do they have to keep laying people off? The first lay-offs they had were in '93 and those were okay since they were hemmoraging money but now that IBM has billions in profit why would they still have layoffs? Because they're greedy pigs.

7. Why else would a company provide to Hitler if they weren't greedy pigs?

No, its the rich man's competitors they are trying to keep down... ;) Why else would lobbying exist?

8. I can't disagree with you there.

9. Well, did you know Stalin killed more of his OWN people than Hitler killed in the holocaust? I'm not trying to defend anything here, im just stating a fact.

10. Hitler was crazy but he wasn't genocidal until the desperate years after we forced him to war. I'm kind of a German apologist, as I see they were unfairly brought into both wars by competing international financial interest.

You could provide a weak argument for WW2 on the idiotic follow through of the Warsaw pact, but WW1 and the Versailles Treaty was clearly a mode of economic sabotage on a prospering nation. Preceding both wars Germany fought harder for peace.

I was just saying IBM is historically greedy based on their support of Nazi oppression.