Im the stoner and my boss is lazy

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by busylifex2, Jul 10, 2013.

1. Hello, just wanted to vent a bit and say how much I hate lazy people! I totally burn down daily, usually not before work cause 1. Boss asked me not to and 2. I clock in at 5am
    Anyway, on a daily basis the boss makes comments such as she can be lazy cause she signs the checks and that she works for free cause the business is only barely supporting itself, etc...(I do, however, umderstand that restaurants, especially small establishments may not always bring in the big.bucks, but it floors me constantly when she overserves food, or overcooks it and sits it aside to eat later...DUH no wonder you can't get.anywhere...its not rocket science but food cost is A BIG DEAL(or at least should be)! I love my regulars, they are awesome, but man is she a drag on a daily!
    Anyone else have any shitty boss stories?

2. I worked at an ice cream store and my boss was this afghani fucker who was annoying as hell. Needless to say I quit that shit

3. #3 busylifex2, Jul 10, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 10, 2013
    I have worked food service for some years, mostly carrying a tray. ;-) I have worked corporate restaurants and also mom and pop restaurants, so I feel like I am well rounded with a general rule of thumb as to how things operate...or should operate. I find myself being short with her and sometimes even downright rude because of her attitude about the money situation. To make it better...not...I went into work this morning and noticed she had TAPED A HANDWRITTEN SIGN to the back of her vehicle. Almost makes me embarassed to work there...oh and her "handbook" is completely written by what seems to be an apostrophe loving fool! Misspelled words and too much everything in all the wrong places. Remember...I'm the stoner here so wtf gives?!

4. At my work, there are several different locations. i am the boss at my location, but during summer time, my location closes which means i go to work at another site where I am still somewhat in charge but not the head honcho like at my site...

One of the other bosses this summer just got in a lot of trouble for being lazy, etc.

He was late almost daily; sometimes 5 mins and sometimes he'd call and say something came up or an appointment ran late and he would be an hour + late. When he'd finally get to work, he'd start saying he was going to leave early, sometimes leaving me the only one in charge which means I have to stay and close when he was suppose to be the one to close, even after already being there for 8 hours.

Sometimes I'd come in to find out he had changed my schedule to suit his "need" to leave work before we close at 6. I have no problem picking up or switching shifts, but not when you change my shift without permission. I drove all the way out there only to be told to go home and come back when my shift started.

He would follow everyone around talking about Jesus and his youth group. I'm all for freedom of religion, but I am not religious, so it got to be annoying.

Then last week he calls out for the entire 5 day work week saying he had "a stomach ache and bowel issues" and didn't turn in a doctor's note until that Friday.

To put a cherry on top, my supervisors denied my request off for one day that I sent in for approval 2 months ago. Every other worker there has been allowed to take days off and sometimes they'd ask a day before they needed the day off and still were allowed to take the day. But not me! I request off 2 months ahead of time and I still was not allowed to have that day off. I had to cancel my entire plan for that 3 day weekend because I was expected to be at work.

The one day i was late, only by 15 mins, they wrote me up for it... It's completely ridiculous...

Anyway, I definitely know how you feel. It is exhausting to have to pick up anyone's slack in my line of work and yet my supervisors and co workers let everyone else come and go as they please and tell me I cant take time off.

5. #5 busylifex2, Jul 10, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 10, 2013
    [quote name="KillerxQueen" post="18331543" timestamp="1373476686"]At my work, there are several different locations. i am the boss at my location, but during summer time, my location closes which means i go to work at another site where I am still somewhat in charge but not the head honcho like at my site...One of the other bosses this summer just got in a lot of trouble for being lazy, etc.He was late almost daily; sometimes 5 mins and sometimes he'd call and say something came up or an appointment ran late and he would be an hour + late. When he'd finally get to work, he'd start saying he was going to leave early, sometimes leaving me the only one in charge which means I have to stay and close when he was suppose to be the one to close, even after already being there for 8 hours.Sometimes I'd come in to find out he had changed my schedule to suit his "need" to leave work before we close at 6. I have no problem picking up or switching shifts, but not when you change my shift without permission. I drove all the way out there only to be told to go home and come back when my shift started.He would follow everyone around talking about Jesus and his youth group. I'm all for freedom of religion, but I am not religious, so it got to be annoying.Then last week he calls out for the entire 5 day work week saying he had "a stomach ache and bowel issues" and didn't turn in a doctor's note until that Friday.To put a cherry on top, my supervisors denied my request off for one day that I sent in for approval 2 months ago. Every other worker there has been allowed to take days off and sometimes they'd ask a day before they needed the day off and still were allowed to take the day. But not me! I request off 2 months ahead of time and I still was not allowed to have that day off. I had to cancel my entire plan for that 3 day weekend because I was expected to be at work.The one day i was late, only by 15 mins, they wrote me up for it... It's completely ridiculous...Anyway, I definitely know how you feel. It is exhausting to have to pick up anyone's slack in my line of work and yet my supervisors and co workers let everyone else come and go as they please and tell me I cant take time off.[/quote]I worked a place that seemed to pick and choose who got "special" privledges and who didn't. I felt like they all wanted me gone, but I'm good at what I do and am really high strung so I almost NEVER stop moving at work...always something needing done...frustrating to know you bust your ass while they sit on theirs and they are catered to! Don't get me wrong, I don't want special treatment...just fair and equal treatment!Sent from my SPH-D710 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. Most managers don't do shit

7. Well, I quit today! Definitely feel like a load was lifted! Went to a temp agency and start a factory in a couple weeks when shutdown is over. ;-)

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Grasscity Forum mobile app