I'm such a cheapskate

Discussion in 'General' started by pentigram, Oct 14, 2011.

1. I've known this for a long time, but I love spending money on worthless stuff. I'm a guy that likes to shop (go figure). Anyhow, I wanted to put this thread together for people to admit just one way that makes them a "Cheapskate". It can be anything from stealing toilet paper rolls to shopping at the thrift store. Like always I'll get the ball rolling..

About a year ago I went to walmart and bought a thing of electric clippers. I've not been to the barbershop since. (I cut my own hair). Back when I did get my hair cut I would go to "barber colleges" and let them do it for $5.00, but now I'm too cheap for that.

2. hah i lift my eyedrops, fuck payin 6 bucks for it lol

3. Uhhhhh

I try to make all of my food instead of buying it...

I worked in kitchens a lot growing up, some dodgy business go down.

4. i always ask for water and fill it up with pop.. muahahaa

5. i always wondered if anybody else did that. i wont buy anything besides Rhoto's, but hell, i guess i technically dont even buy those. ;)

6. QFTFT

same here,

people have NO idea, absolutely NO idea what they're eating. I've served somethings that made me ashamed. :(

7. ever watched a customer eat special sauce? :cool:

8. And so you should be. People that fuck with other people's food should be shot.

I have to go to the store but WAY too baked for movement.

9. I've never fucked with someone's food before.
    given someone a fork that dropped on the ground? yep. do it all the time (sorry guys...)

I'm a cheapskate when it comes to my casual clothing. I will invest in nice egyptian cotton bedding, designer dress clothes, designer makeup (I use Dior mascara), name brand shoes.... but I have no issues wearing second hand jeans originally from JC Penney or something.
    I mean I guess that isn't even that bad. but I dunno. if you ask any of my friends, they'll probably tell you I'm high maintenance. so this is my dirty little secret :p

10. I found some pretty legit stuff from the Thrift store. MY nike slides for like $12. GREAT deal! They were in excellent condition too.

Also, my moccasins that sometimes go for like $20 in some stores, I copped for $8. They also have some pretty cool hats, shirts, and random other stuff.

I like shopping at Thrift stores sometimes, but most of the time it's like stuff from the 70's. But it's all good, nobody's making me buy it lol.

I wouldn't say I'm a cheapskate though, because whenever I have large sums of spending money, I tend to do it big. But I see nothing wrong with shopping from a Thrift store once in a while!

11. I have a pen fetish. Whenever im out to eat somewhere and the waiter brings me my check to sign i always sign and leave really quick because I love stealing their pens to add to my stolen pen collection. Some pens are really expensive at the store (like $5 for one) so im gonna need to take that.

MUAHAHAHAA

12. I can be from time to time lol.

13. Thanks for sharing?

14. Hmm...I'm soo cheap, but of course I can't think of anything right now...

I always insist on making my own decorations for my house...then never get around to it for months. But really--I'm going to sew curtains today.

I refuse to pay more than $15 for any article of clothing. My clothes aren't bad, either. I also make almost all of my own jewelry...and honestly, my style's not bad.

I only wear cheap make-up.

But this is probably the worst thing...I bring a water bottle full of a mixed drink in my bag to the bar and pour it into a cup when the bartender's not looking. Fuck paying $3 for a drink...I need at least 3 to have fun!!!

Hmm...I need to get a job and stop doing all of these things.

15. Quality > Quantity

Smoke dank, and don't buy Kia's

16. [quote name='"BA142"']Quality > Quantity

Smoke dank, and don't buy Kia's[/quote]

This. Haha as an example, a couple years ago I spent $60 on a belt, which is a lot, but I've had it for four years, which is better than buying multiple cheap belts. Hell, same goes with everything. Grass, glass, cars, tires, everything xD

17. you sound like a hippie

18. Dude my friends a cheap bitch.. im the opposite.. You see.. I have a nice Job .. So ill never understand why hed rather drive 2 hours at 3 in the morning to my house after a rave when were both burnt and coming down... when the hotel wouldve been like 20 bucks ea... Gosh Darn It. Man.

19. I'm pretty cheap when it comes to clothes. I have like 5-7 shirts that I actually wear. 1 pair of jeans that actually fit. Couple jackets for winter. 2 pairs of shoes. I'd rather buy something for my car or buy an event ticket.

20. im such a cheapskate i dont think ive bought new clothes in years.......last thing i bought was a pack of white T's . and that was a offer i could not refuse