I'm stuck on deciding what college to go to.

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMainEvent28, Mar 1, 2009.

1. Alright so heres my dilemma. I live in Illinois and I have wanted to go to a university sized school like Illinois State University since I was young. However, my dad teaches at an ACM school so I can basically go to any ACM school on free tuition. If I were to go to ISU I would have to pay for tuition and everything..

The only bad part about that is they are small liberal art schools, about 1.5k students. I visited Coe College not too long ago and its pretty nice. Im just one that likes to smoke a lot and party occassionally, so if finding bud is hard in college then thats a problem hah.

So what do you guys think? Does anyone know anything about Coe College or the Cedar Rapids area and could tell me how the town is? Is the free way the way to go?

2. Any state university is a great choice. I would personally recommend a larger school, you will literally be in heaven. But no matter what you choose, you're in for the time of your life. Enjoy it.

BUT GO TO CLASS!!!!!!111

EVERYDAY!!!!!!11111

3. Free tuition all the way. If you decide after a year that it's not the school for you, transfer is easy and you don't have extra debt.

4. #4 Organika_, Mar 1, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 1, 2009

Exactly.

I'm going to be starting a local community college.. MCC, next year.
    It's one of the best in the country, and not too far from home so I don't mind. I just wish I could jump on the free wagon with you, because I have yet to decide what I want to do with my life, and don't want to waste my moms money if i decide i picked a wrong major or that schools not for me altogether.

Not to mention.. Money is real tight around my house, so all the more pressure.