I'm starting to hate hydroponics. Nute Question!

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by ohspyro89, Oct 14, 2011.

1. Quick question, when do you start your first nutrients and at what ppm?

I started mine, all three flora series, at 100 ppm. Their feeding instructions said that I needed equal parts of micro, grow, and bloom. It was about 1.2 teaspoons from each, and it made my meter say that I had just under 100 ppm.

I'm getting some burn, but it didn't kill the plant.

I think, that I need a hydroponic mentor. I've read everything there is about this stuff, but I'm still having issues.

2. You don't start nutes till the third set if leaves are out

How old is your plant?

Thin out the nutes with water to stop the burn

Where are you getting your water from?

Pics?

3. Well, I was close, I had 2 leaf sets before I even through it in my DWC.

2 weeks old now? This is the first 3-4 days in the bucket.

My water is from my faucet. It's terribly high ppm wise. Somewhere in the 280-300 range. I talked to the hydroponic guy here where I live, and he hasn't had any issues with it. RO just isn't an option right now.

Since this is a bag seed test, once again, I'm going to let it play out and see what happens.

4. i'd go back to just water with a PPM that high

PureWaterClub.com
    with a price like this how is R.O. water not a option? I wouldn't even drink water with a PPM that high, could give you stones.... a stint in your junk is not fun

so no pics then?

5. I thought about this again... and I really think you need to go back to just water

100 PPM for every inch of growth after the third set of leaves are out... your pushing 400 PPM.... how tall is your plant?

you need to use distilled or R.O. water...

6. a teaspoon is 5ml u need to use less for seedlings should be fine tho

7. Out of curiosity, what is the Ph of your tap water? Are you letting the tap water settle for 24-36 hours before using it?

As the boys above mentioned, no nutes till at least 3-4 sets are up and even then very little and step it up from there.

You do have some cronic (not good kronic) tap water there if it is coming out at 300pm tho!

8. Bongboi, that was a type, I used 1.2 ml of each, not teaspoons.

Tihspeed, I'm seriously flat ass broke. I just bought a new car since I was driving a Chevy 2500 with a 6 liter. 12 MPG on the highway blows the biggest weenur on earth. Plus, I've got just enough money to buy a carbon filter. I'm not confident in the one I made, especially since I've got room mates.

I always took the ppm thing as in ppm of nutrients, not all the other garbage that's in my water. The best option I have now is to Brita the water, but I don't want to waste my time.

Devils, the ph is 7.2 ish. I don't let it sit out, although now it's looking like it may be a good idea. I'm half tempted to email the water department here in the city and get a report of what's in the water.

Anyways, I grabbed some pictures, and surprisingly, this plant has growth that doesn't look deathly ill. I'll ride it out and see what happens. Next attempt I might try to run the Kilashnikova fem seed. I really would like NOT to trash the seed though. If this one turns out female, I'll flower it. I'm feeling flowering when it's under 8" tall.

[​IMG]

9. PH is way too high. You need to get it between 5.6 and 5.9. 6.1 at the highest. Yeah your water is a little too polluted. You are going to need to either use Distilled water, Rain Water, or RO Water.

10. I think you misread. The PH of my tap water is 7.2. I'm running my DWC from 5.5-6.0 on most days.

Too my surprise, this plant has new growth. No roots into the dwc yet, but it's getting there.

We will see if it's possible to grow anything in this water.

11. I have similar water here, It averages 300-350ppm, I also use GH flora series and love them. I switched to the hardwater Micro, and noticed a much needed difference after switching. I use the flora Gro, Flora HW Micro, Flora Bloom, Liquid Koolblooms, Dry Koolblooms, Bloombastic, flora Nectre, and Floralicious Plus. I must say, I have had 10 times the production since I dropped the AN connoiseurs grow and Bloom, and started Using the GH line. But if your not already using the hardwater micro, I can't say enough on how much it helped me out with my crazy water levels. My current Red Cherry Berry Grow is the biggest Colas and Buds I personally have ever seen. I have pics on here in my gallery, and the one with the quart bottle next to is now even fuller and bigger. Im about 2 weeks from harvest..
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The crazy part is these were very young when They started flower, thats where the wierd leaves come from, almost like a monster clone going through Re-Veg. lol.

12. Nice!

I just started germinating a Kalashnakova seed, so we will see how it goes. I'm pretty sure I've got things figured out for the most part. I'm half tempted to buy some water from Giant Eagle, but it'd be obvious as hell if I came into the house and my room mates watched me carry a 5 gallon container of water up to my room.

I think I'm just going to deal with it, and see how well it goes. At least I won't have any issues with mag/cal deficiencies.

13. [quote name='"ohspyro89"']Nice!

I just started germinating a Kalashnakova seed, so we will see how it goes. I'm pretty sure I've got things figured out for the most part. I'm half tempted to buy some water from Giant Eagle, but it'd be obvious as hell if I came into the house and my room mates watched me carry a 5 gallon container of water up to my room.

I think I'm just going to deal with it, and see how well it goes. At least I won't have any issues with mag/cal deficiencies.[/quote]

Thats interesting. So if you get busted, then your poor roommates get to go down with you. It's one thing to risk yourself but to not even give them the option of going along with it or moving out, is seriously selfish.

14. I'm glad you know everything about the situation I'm in. Boy, you're so smart.

Really, you have NO idea. But don't stop convincing yourself that you do. As I'm sure it helps you sleep at night.

15. [quote name='"ohspyro89"']
    I'm half tempted to buy some water from Giant Eagle, but it'd be obvious as hell if I came into the house and my room mates watched me carry a 5 gallon container of water up to my room.[/quote]

I have the situation you posted. I won't go down the juvenile road you just arrived from. I will, however, stand by what I said.

16. I have to agree with zoomed, you should tell your roommates. But they will find out soon enough. You can kill most of the smell but not all of it.

I hope you don't live in an apartment, I had a friend get busted when maintenance dropped by unexpected to change furnace filters.

17. Mom...?! I didn't know you had an account on here!

I'm not going to spill my story on the internet to satisfy your intellectual needs. They all know I grow.

Only God knows why I feel the need to explain myself on the internet.

18. If you are using city water and the waters ph is 7.0 or higher b4 messing with it, you will have cal/mag deficiencies. But it won't happen till your plant has a good amount of growth on it

19. Ronix, I figured since it had such a high ppm, I'd be fine on that level. Wouldn't calcium and magnesium be one of those minerals that are thrown into the city water?

20. See that's exactly what I though too. But about a week ago my leaves started to fold up like taco shells and started to get some rust colored spots.

I bought cal/mag. Added it in the morning and by night fall my leaves were back o normal. Except for rust spots. Those are permanent .

My new growth is explosive.

This was how big mine was when I saw the first signs of the cal/mag deficiency.

The cal/mag will make your ph sky rocket for the first couple days. So keep an eye on your ph. Will prob go up to 7.6

Attached Files: