Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

I'm starting to hate ganj

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Appocolyptik, Jul 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I\'ve been smoking the shit for 2 years now and heavily smoking it since last September. All my friends smoke it and it\'s heavily rooted into my friendship circle. I\'ve realised recently just how dependant on it, I feel miserable and aggravated without it. It\'s helped me a lot in my life, completely placated me. But now it\'s going further and turning me into a complete dope, forgetful and unmotivated, blunt as a hammer. When sober, I\'m a sharp and intelligent person with aspirations of going to University and doing something with my life. But now them aspirations are being washed away by the fact I\'m continually stoned. It\'s killing my lungs and for the past week and a half I\'ve had this nasty chest infection where I\'m mutilating my throat, coughing up this vile grey/green mucus. It\'s causing me SO much trouble at home with my Dad, who despises cannabis. Last night we were nearly fighting because of the blazing argument he just sprung up about it. He treats me like an alchoholic but with cannabis, which I suppose technically I am. I hate smoking and fags do nothing for me, they dont satisy me at all and leave a nasty taste in my mouth and horrible sensation on my throat. I\'m so mentally addicted to ganj, I don\'t feel like I can quit (and the worst thing is I don\'t want to). It\'s a twisted plant and makes you love it, so you don\'t want to quit. It completely takes over your life and all you want to do every waking morning is get stoned. Being high is a wonderful feeling don\'t get me wrong, but when it wears off it leaves you with this horrible lethargic unmotivated feeling where all you want to do is eat and mong out. I love ganj, but I\'m starting to hate it too.

If you\'re gonna come in criticising my honesty and flooding the thread about how weed has \'no negatives\' you can fuck off before you reply. Be honest and open minded when replying to this.

2. There\'s nothing wrong with having had enough.
    If you want to take a break or stop smoking altogether then do it.

(just don\'t go joining the DEA and start hating on smokers just coz they want to smoke and you don\'t ;))

3. I\'d never be like that. As I say, even though I\'m starting to hate it for how dependant I am on it, I love it or I wouldn\'t have become dependant in the first place. I just want to keep it to parties and occasions though, but can\'t because of how deeply rooted it is in my friendship circles and how I can\'t sleep without it.

4. that sucks dude..sounds like you smoke pretty heavily and could probably do well by slowing down or even trying to stop for a little while..give those lungs a break.

i know how it is to have family dicking you down for smoking, and really it just boils down to differences of lifestyle. if he doesn\'t like you smoking, maybe try to keep it under wraps. don\'t give him any reasons to hassle you, like maybe take up an obvious hobby or start working more or something.

the best thing smokers can do is incorporate their smoking into their lifestyle. there are lots of artists/writers and i\'m sure a ton of other professions that allow one to get stoned and be productive. i don\'t know if thats an option for you, but i\'m starting to realize that any work that isn\'t hard physical labor or art isn\'t worth the time spent doing it.

5. Take a break for a month or 2 that may help

6. My hobby is football (soccer to you Americans) and I\'m admittedly very good at it, but unfortunately I sprained my ankle horribly a month and half ago and have resprained it twice since, so I\'m completely out of action. And although I love writing, I can\'t write when I\'m high at all, it\'s a vicious cycle my friend.

7. Train yourself man. I\'ve turned into a productive smoker. I\'ll wake in bake and get up a few hours before work and just be high and want to do some dishes and pick up the apartment. And when I was in school a few semesters ago I wrote some of the best essays I\'ve ever done in my Comp 3 classes.

But with your pops, I dunno. I have pretty Christian Conservative Right Wing parents and I straight up told them I smoke weed and why I smoke weed and they were iffy but chill about it. They wanted it to be a don\'t ask don\'t tell thing. But I made it clear I was responsible with it.

Just tone it down or take T-Breaks often. That and just don\'t be a lazy stoner! Get up and do something. Will make you feel so much less lethargic and hopefully your relationship with gonja will improve.

Either route you go, good luck. Just remember that you can enjoy weed in separated increments. It\'s just.... a bit different to get used to hehe.

8. Props, thats a really good response man + rep

9. im more motivated when i smoke. it makes me want to do something. everyones different tho. if you dont want to smoke then dont.

10. well, dude, shit like that happens. i was in the same situation aboout 3 or 4 months ago. it just didnt affect me the same way it used to. i was what some people call \"burnt out\". i didnt feel any of my normal emotions without weed, and it sucked. :(

took about a 2 week break from it and the first time smokin after that was like magic. and ive managed to keep it to an eighth a week, usually on the weekends. and im glad ive become not-so dependent on it. i used to be the biggest stoner out of all my friends, smoked at like 2 grams a day. and now i go 4-5 (sometimes even more) without even thinking about weed.

when you get into a daily habit with weed, you start to take it for granted and forget thats its there to enhance your life, not BE your life.

just take a week or so break from it, man. and then when you start smokin again, just take it easy with your intake. trust me, youll feel so much better about every aspect of your life. :)

peace, man. :wave:

11. I know fags are cigs...but I\'m pretty baked and that was just really funny.
    Anyways. I think your best bet is to get your priorities straight, and take a break. Once you have your life back on track it is a lot easier to toke here and there. Being high all the time can cause you to be lazy and burnt out, so just take it easy and don\'t smoke quite as much/or as often as before until you got shit straightened around.

12. I know and understand completly what your going through and it really is tough. When trying to cut down try telling yourself \'its not forever\'. Sometimes thinking your never going to do it again can put you off taking a break.

Since your body has become accustomed to smoking marijuana, you will have to plan out some simple but effective distractions for yourself. Since stopping pot is somewhat of a dramatic change to your daily activities, you will find that you now have some extra time on your hands. It is critical that you have some new things that you want to do, have, or be to replace your former weed smoking periods. If you usually smoke after a meal or after work or school, then you could plan to-do something like work on project, a game, go for a walk, read a book, ride your bike, etc. Anything physical will be extremely helpful in resetting your bodies natural system of feeling good. Anything that helps distract you is a good thing, but it\'s not just what you do, it is who you spend your time with.

The people you spend your free time with become your personal reference group, whether you realize it or not. You will have to stay away from other marijuana smokers, especially at the initial time that you start to quit. Your pot smoking buddies will definitely not be to happy to know that you intent to quit because they will miss your company and you will also remind them of their own weakness with regards to smoking weed. With out a doubt they will attempt to pull you back in, especially if you give them the slightest chance. Remember not to, and you will find it much easier to break away from the cannabis. Be sure to stay away from any environment that would expose you to marijuana since at the start, you will be tempted to slip back into your old ways.

Remember its not forever. Mierly a short break

One of the best things to do in order to prepare yourself in quitting pot is to get plenty of rest. You may feel tired when you stop, or feel early cravings more when you are tired. This is completely normal for weed smokers who stop. So make sure you don\'t fight it, just get some extra sleep and allow your mind and body to take its course and allow it the extra energy it needs to begin rebuilding itself. Rest is one of the two main things your body will need in order to detoxify.

The second thing is a lot of water. Drink lots of water since water is one of the most essential things to life. When you quit marijuana, water flushes your system and it cleans out your entire body of toxins. The THC and all aspects of the pot that stays in your system will be flushed away, gone from your body, gone from your mind, leaving you free. Drinking water will even ease some of the cravings that come from the weed.

Its long i know but take all into account.
    Good luck

13. If you are smoking to the point where you no longer enjoy it, it is time to quit or take a serious break. Once it becomes a choir rather than a pleasure, it is wisest to cease toking. If you feel like you are burning out, you need to make strides to become more active with or without smoking. There are lots of cool things to do when you are high that are both fun and productive. I started looking at it as a lifestyle rather than just something to do, which I feel is best for all heavy smokers.

14. I totally agree with you. Weed has fucked up my relationship with my parents in my life as well as unmotivated me to do anything but get high. I dunno. I\'m currently on a break now, haven\'t smoked since July 4th! Just take some time to clear your head, about a month or so, then if you feel like it just get back in it and use it moderatley.

15. Looks like you should stop smoking if you don\'t like it.

16. There\'s more to life than weed man.

Yeah, I said it.

17. the sad truth is that it affects everyone differently, but i do think you are overlooking it. it must be an extreme reaction to make you psychologically addicted to it but it is possible.

18. If it is affecting how good you feel about yourself be careful of possible depression issues that can cause... If you actually beleive it is ruining your life it most likely will. The good thing about MJ is that there is no physical addiction you won\'t have to deal with cold sweats, nausea/vomiting, nightmares like what one has to go through getting off hard drugs like Cocaine or Heroine...

Have you talked to your Doctor about it? If it were me I would seek professional help instead of asking a bunch of stoners on an online forum.

Good luck bro.
    Peace

19. When I was in techinal school I completely stopped smoking. School and bud just don\'t mix, plus I lived at my parents house like you do. I had to work and go to school so there was no time to get high. I\'m glad I did it that way. Now I am about to have my first child. I guess I will have to do the same thing. tell your buds you are taking a T break for a month and hopefully they will understand. I told one of my friends I was taking a break and she said she was proud of me b/c she wanted to aswell. we were non-smoking buddies for a while instead of smoking buddies. good luck

20. i have recently had to quit due to court making me do an outpatient program where i get drug tested every week. it sucked at first, life seemed boring without it, but you will find out that all you need is things to keep you occupied. its hard the first two weeks or so, but it will be easier once time passes, just hang in there. i have been clean for 5 weeks an still have 3 more months, i smoked a shitload before and plan on not smoking nearly as much when i return. this is probably a good change, and imagine how little you would need after the break to get high, it will be like kinda be like old times again lol. hope you figure you shit out, and even though it seems so hard, sometimes you just gotta do it, and in the end you will look back and be proud of yourself.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.