I'm so tired of being sold things

Discussion in 'General' started by bahookahjoe18, Nov 13, 2011.

1. Fucking advertisements. Are any other Blades as sick of them as I am?

Every single place I go, I'm having some product shoved in my face.

On the internet, all over the place. On the road, on billboards. I don't watch TV BECAUSE of the commercials.

Even in the fucking forest I have to see littered Mt. Dew cans and Wallmart bags stuck in trees.

I'm tired of being sold things constantly. My life is fine, I don't need your product, thank you.

2. It's just how people make money...you'd do the same thing if you had a company.

3. #3 TexRx, Nov 13, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 13, 2011
    When I watch TV, I press mute during the commercials. And if one happens to get thru when I don't want it to, I sometimes just turn off the TV

Sometimes I see the craziest or stupidest or just plain fucked up billboard, too. I rarely look at them when driving but some are just in my face

When I'm ready to buy something, i'll go buy it, damn it!! I don't need all these 'suggestions'

:)

4. I understand it's how products are sold, but it's EVERYWHERE. I just want to go through an hour of my life without having a product peddled.

5. Somethings about ads in youtube really erks me, like I'm watching a Briggs music video and it has an Ad in it! Advertizing is not punk rock! That's for goddamn sure.
    I don't mind them being on the sides of pages so long as they don't have annoying audio playing in them.

6. I watch a Terence McKenna video about abandoning culture and have to endure 30 seconds of Frebreeze ads

7. Lol. Seeing plastic bags in trees and Mt. Dew cans isn't advertising, it's just people being obnoxiousness and leaving their shit around.

Also, how is capitalism in the tags? xDDDDD

FUCK CAPITALISM, ANARCHISM.

8. Capitalism for you.

9. Terence McKenna? haha you my friend are classic stoner x D
    But yeah, a 30sec ad during that is like two parallel worlds getting too close to each other :smoking:

10. I am taking a marketing class right now. I would rather spoon my eyes out than learn that shit. All the class is is marketers trying to rationalize what they do when instead they should be incriminating it.

11. It's all about the branding. Mt. Dew has the signature Mt. Dew can because people KNOW what it is. If i drank Mt. Dew and saw that in the forest, I'd think "Hm, sure am thirsty. Wish I had some Mt. Dew right now." And then I'd buy some when I got out.

Fuck Capitalism. It's in the tags because that's why I'm being advertised to.

12. It's to differentiate one can from another lol. And I wasn't aware they advertised a mandatory way of living in America now adays :confused:

13. No one would buy Mt. Dew if it wasn't branded well. Come on man, you're playing dumb.

Watch any basic cable channel for half an hour and you'll see the advertised mandatory way of living in America.

14. [quote name='"bahookahjoe18"']No one would buy Mt. Dew if it wasn't branded well. Come on man, you're playing dumb.

Watch any basic cable channel for half an hour and you'll see the advertised mandatory way of living in America.[/quote]

I would drink mt dew cuz it's yummy. And if it wasn't for advertisers you wouldn't even have tv stations to watch.

15. I'm really not lol. I just think you're overdoing it a bit. Yeah they make their product look flashy and make it stand out, but it's so it sticks in your head so you know what to look for when you want it. Just deal with it man. You wouldn't be watching those shows without those advertisements. It's how people make money. Without money we are rendered useless in this society, so it would make sense to try to get the most of it, no?

16. goood :D

17. Who the fuck even bothers to watch TV anymore anyways? You can get it all online with no commercials, or a 30 second one at the most.

And internet ads can be blocked quite easily. :bongin: