Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Im so confused! What is the difference between a bubbler and a bong?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by live_die_toke, Mar 12, 2010.

1. Lol i stupidly bought a bubbler thinking it was a bong. So what is the difference?

2. A bubbler is like a pipe and bong mix.

3. Bubbler is like a pipe with some water. A bong is... a bong.

4. bubbler is a more portal bong,and yes it's like as if a pipe and a bong fucked and had a baby

5. A bubbler is THIS... [​IMG]

A bong is THIS... [​IMG]

6. So what is the point of the water and does a bong have water in it??

7. water is there to cool the smoke down so you can take a bigger hit with-out your throat burning.and yes bong have water too:bongin:

8. To cool the smoke, and filter out any ash. And yes bongs have water.

If you use a bong without water, its hits like a steam roller.

Evil :smoke:

9. Water cools down the smoke and yes a bong has water.

A pipe is well... a pipe
    A bubbler is a pipe with a chamber filled with water that the smoke goes through
    A bong generally has a much larger chamber where you can put more water which cools down the smoke even more. There are thousands of different types though.

10. Yes, but what are the concrete characteristics of then both.

Because [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbdcl5jzOag]this[/ame] is also a bubbler.

11. To cool the smoke, and filter out any ash. And yes bongs have water.

If you use a bong without water, its hits like a steam roller.

Evil :smoke:

12. So lets say I put like ICE COLD WATER (even crushed ice) would that do the trick. Or is there really not THAT much a difference between a bong and bubbler

13. A bubbler is basically a spoon with a water chamber under the bowl. In other words, it's a hand held glass pipe with a carb that has a water chamber extended under the bowl.
    Bubblers and bongs are both water pipes.

14. Ice cold water with some small ice cubes might be nice :) Some bongs have ice catcher's and stuff that will catch the ice and stop it from going in the basins, also a lot of bongs are also really nice and have two or three "perculators" which basically filter the smoke more times for a cleaner, smoother hit!

I've heard it's supposed to be entertaining to put bubbles or something that makes bubbles in the basin of your bong, and then toke with it. I'm not sure of the purpose of this but I'm gonna try it next time I have herb.

15. you seriously could go either way on that one, and I think that's exactly what they did, just took a guess 50/50. :p

16. #16 RepentYeNbelievethegospel, Mar 12, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2010
    Are you talking about smoking through bubbles?? Like the soapy kind you blow into the air?
    That's fuckin reduculous, and dangerous probably as well.

2 or 3 percs in a bong?!? That would have SO much drag, it would be almost impossible to clear. Good glass bongs with quality percs honestly only need one.
    A diffused downstem is always a good idea. It helps to diffuse the smoke so that it seperates and cools down more by coming into contact with more of the water. The more bubbles produced or the amount of holes tells you there's more diffusion then just a straight bong with a single hole downstem.