Im sick of sobriety.

Discussion in 'General' started by NeverMind94, Apr 27, 2013.

1. So my friend recently got caught and his mon flipped out. She doesn't drink, or smoke. She is sober 110% of the life she "lives" and I just don't see how she does it. Don't get me wrong, being sober is great, but being sober just gets boring. I hate drinking. It makes me feel like shit and I say and do shit I shouldn't. So instead I choose to smoke. Nothing wrong with that. While people are up the pub I'm at home with friends smoking. While some (not all) people that drink get violent and horny I'm just at home having the time of my life doing shit that is usually boring or not as interesting as it seems. I can love the small things in life and just be happy with myself instead of worrying.

2. I'm sure she drinks coffee and takes some kind of vitamin or medicine. No one is sober.

3. the air we breath is toxic enough to make one inebriated.

4. True, unfortunately

5. I mean like sober as in not high or drunk.

6. Son Of a Bitch Everything's Real, sober.

7. I respect whatever lifestyle anyone lives. As long as you do not insult my own.

8. You don't get horny while high? lol

9. Print this up for your friend- written by an EX-drug counselor!

When Your Kid Smokes Pot (news – 2008)
    When Your Kid Smokes Pot | MND: Your Daily Dose of Counter-Theory

If you are feeling particularly kind, get a copy of my List (send me an email, bottom of my sig) and forward him a copy! It will give him some "ammo" to counter his Mom's beliefs.

For a start, his Mom should read these simple articles that may shake a few of her ideas about cannabis. :eek: -

Pot compound seen as tool against cancer (news – 2012)
    Pot compound seen as tool against cancer - SFGate

Marijuana May Slow Alzheimer's (news - 2006)
    [FONT=&quot]Marijuana May Slow Alzheimer's[/FONT]

And whether or not you can live a sober life, may depend on your endocannabinoid balance! A lot of folks are low in anandamide and 2-AG (your body's own versions of THC) and tend to get depressed (and much more!) THC can "fill in" for anandamide and 2-AG, restoring your biochemical balance back to normal! :smoke:

Clinical Endocannabinoid Deficiency (full - 2004)
    Clinical Endocannabinoid Deficiency (CECD) - Russo

Not Feeling Well? Perhaps You're 'Marijuana Deficient' (news – 2010)
    Not Feeling Well? Perhaps You're 'Marijuana Deficient' | Alternet

Granny :wave:

ps- just trust me on this- take Omega 3 every day! :D

10. I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.

-- Hunter S. Thompson

11. Yeah i know. #YOLO. (JK I'm not a stupid ass bimbo)

12. Everybody's different. Once I started to find the things I really love to do, my interest in pot and liquor has decreased significantly.

I always thought when I was younger I would never stop being on something. Now as I get older, I'm starting to remember sobriety and it's appeal.

Just me though

13. I feel the same way, except I am probably much younger than you.

Plus, the sober high is amazing. Just being happy for no reason in particular (or several reasons) is way better than smoking or doing any drugs to be happy.

With that being said, I still love drugs and the single best feeling I have ever experienced has been on an unmentionable that rhymes with hopiate :p

Different strokes for different folks

14. the people who have been drinking three cups of coffee every day for 10 years and taking chemical bullshit their doctor prescribes without hesitation are the same brainwashed, naive fools that say weed is bad

personally i prefer being high and sober on equal terms. high one day, sober another. i think it's important to recognize our relationship with the psychoactive plants that want to communicate with us

15. This.
    To me, there is no difference between taking a tylenol or some harder medication for pain, besides the latter works better.
    I don't see why doctors are so worried about addiction and shit.

So It's ok for me to take ridiculous amounts of otc pain medication, that would kill someone half my size and will probably cause liver or heart damage down the road, but if I ask for something stronger or smoke bud I'm a junkie.

Maybe i follow my doctor around like rocky balboa training on his back while he tries to resist narcotics LOL, imagine that.

Maybe ill mention this to him next time and see if he gets the picture...