I'm sick of people...

Discussion in 'General' started by lungs, Aug 18, 2008.

1. #41 MMJNoob, Aug 18, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 18, 2008
    Diclaimer: I have only a rudimentary understanding of the 'rep' system, thus likely don't know what I'm talking about at all.

You'd think then, you'd be proud of your low post count instead of envious of others. As far as rep, I haven't paid too much attention to it. I just took a quick look at my small list. 1/3 of it was given for silly stuff that wasn't even meant to be taken seriously. As far as the rest, it is nice to know that the time I spent writing out a post was helpful to someone. If it comes from someone whose posts respect, my e-peen does grow a tad. I don't respect posters because of their statistics. If I've noticed someone it's because of what they've said. Some of these folks I'd love to get negative rep from. It would be like a badge of honor.

In general, do you think real world status is awarded on anything less frivolous? (Hint: BMW=post count.)

This truly is a silly thing to get upset about. You said yourself, 'it isn't shit.' There are plenty of real injustices out there to fight.

I'm not sure what you meant by other posters being supportive of other folks whining. I'm assuming that these were real life problems as opposed to some meaningless internet forum function.

2. Most of the people who have large amounts of rep don't care about it; they got it because of a helpful or funny thing that they wrote on the forum.

Others, like me, flaunt our rep for sick pleasure.

[​IMG]

:rolleyes:

...and now for something completely serious...

3. People that say dumb things or ask for stuff like "HoW dO i MaKe MeTh RiGhT qUiCk" will get ragged to shit here because they might think that this forum is about hard drugs and how to cultivate them, but it isn't. Once people read these forums for more than 10 minutes they will realize whats up here.

4. man my rep sucks and my posts are reall bad... is it that annoying? hahah

5. if i got a rep the little square is gray what does that mean? is that - rep? or does that mean that the user who gave me rep isnt online? cause the OP gave me rep back but i dont think it changed even, not sure how much i had though.. oh, and OP, now that your rep is slightly higher, do people pay more attention to you or take you more seriously? im actually curious

6. Grey rep is "neutral rep". It means that the user hasn't been a member for long enough or hasn't had many posts.

7. Its an online forum man come on its for learning and seeing sweet pics that people post not showing off your rep wtf..

8. whats purple rep?

9. The same as grey rep.

10. I thought each rep bar meant your dick grew bigger, fuck im in the wrong place again!

11. I'm not envious of people with high rep or post count at all. To tell you the truth I think they spend more time on the internet than they should

12. #52 lungs, Aug 20, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 20, 2008
    I sent you positive rep. To be honest I haven't noticed a difference, I don't pay much attention to stuff like that. The only time it irritates me is when its blatant.

13. for real.

that's why i might go traveling.

sick of my bed

of my TV

of my comp

sick of my life here (or lack there of).