Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Im quitting weed forever...

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by yoshiv2, Jan 19, 2014.

Ok well that's a relief, thankfully my brother has never tried weed (he is heavily medicated though)

Not so sure this time
    Never say never, but not for a very long time at least.

Anyone have any insight into the dealer issue?
    Probably worried over nothing lol

I'm sure your dealer will be disappointed to lose out on a regular customer, thus regular income, but it doesn't matter what he thinks. What matters is what's best for you.

4. #24 Grow2dab., Jan 19, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 19, 2014
    It's weird I was like that when I was a teen then I smoked on and off a bit for a while then when I started on the daily again in my mid 20's it was like a different drug.

I've had paranoia and the occasion struggle with reality in the past but never from weed. I honestly don't believe it's associated with schizophrenia at all. Other unmentionables on the other hand can definitely cause/contribute to it.

That was at yoshiv2 too.

5. I've had times like this. I'm bipolar, so I'll just get this sudden manic swing in my life, way overdo it, and then just drop it when I swing back to normal. This has gone for years and years and when I'm in that addictive personality I can do an ounce alone on a weekend. Not a ton. But enough that it ruins so many experiences, being in that totally zoned out couch lock state. The drudgery of it is mind numbing and so tedious.Good luck!

6. Moderation is the key man.

7. [quote name="nccbbsowavy" post="19366262" timestamp="1390099271"]Legal states...none of these posts seem to come from them.Sobriety till Legality! :Dbut really, respect your willpower. and stick with it. i've gone a week without smoking.. after 3 years of it straight...but i'm in paris.. so not much luck finding any haha[/quote]Thank u for that great point. I wager most "t break" threads also do not come from legal states.Amazing, simply amazing!?To op: take all your smoking tools & trash them. Cancel your gc account. And, before u forget herb for the foreseeable future, just remember that this is your personal decision that affects non of us other folks who partake in herb. g/lJust saying that these stories shouldn't lend any credence to the argument that "weed is addictive or not", not until at least some years with legalized weed go by in order for some empirical data to come out.

8. You sure you're not a lobbyist?

9. They have already done all that, it's scientifically not addictive. Only people with poor will power will argue it is.

Hell nah man, got nothing against weed hell i loved it for years.
    Just personally don't want the lifestyle anymore.

11. Why can't you just smoke once or twice a day instead of taking it totally overboard. Of course it isn't good when you are smoking weed all day and not doing anything else, but it also isn't good if you play video games all day and didn't do anything else.

You just need to get your priorities straight. I think quitting weed is a good start for you. Good luck

12. Mary is not addictive nor will it cause schizophrenia, if it is causing you anxiety you should not smoke so much and try to switch to one that's higher cbd. Deal with your personal issues sober, handle your stuff first. If you handle your issues, work and support your family, your girl should back you up no matter what. If not its not the weed it's just not meant to be.

Sent from my LGMS659 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Well it could be really good for him or very bad. I wouldn't test it though.

14. #34 ZenbGoB, Jan 19, 2014
    I find when I use it moderately, after work, and a couple of times on weekends, I enjoy it. (BPD/bipolar) But my addictive personality makes it a fine line. I have to manage a demon who wants to see just how much higher he can get. But I wouldn't say weed made it worse. Moderately, it fixes my mania, lifts my depression. Without it. I hit a boiling point, something has to reset it. I get what you mean though. Sometimes, I feel like it's exacerbated my inability to grow up. I'm 37, doin alright job wise (60k/year) and sometimes just (as I said in my previous post) the drudgery and tedium of finding, smoking, dealing with all of it just makes me not care if I have another blunt ever again. Take a long break/say goodbye, it's good man. Sometimes each of us needs to find a new path. I for one, again, wish ya well.

15. Your decision is a healthy and positive one.  At this point it sounds like marijuana has betrayed you, so it's best to move on.  I doubt using it on occasion would hurt you much but if that would trigger the addiction for you it's probably best to quit. 

16. Good for you, man. Weed isn't for everyone. My philosophy is do whatever makes you happiest in your life. Whether that happiness comes from smoking or spending time with your daughter or whatever else, do that as much as you can.

17. #37 simple toke, Jan 19, 2014
    Take care of yourself man, gotta get your life in order I hear that. But take responsibility for yourself and your actions, don't blame the plant man.Also thought it was funny when you said you have to sneak around behind your girlfriends back.....because of weed. LolGood luck with everything though manSent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

18. #38 yoshiv2, Jan 20, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 20, 2014

Cheers man yeah just gotta get myself straight for awhile (trying to avoid drink as well)

I don't blame the weed at all, i was the one who started using it again and sought it out no ones fault  but my own.
    Knowing full well i would probably have trouble moderating my usage..

EDIT - The GF thing was a pretty big reason as well, felt like i was living a lie because i got damn good at hiding it becuase my tolerance was so high. :laughing:

My girl used to let me smoke weed, when we were (17-19 yrs old) i could toke up with her sitting next to me on the couch.
    After awhile though she wanted to me quit and i did for a long time until 2013 that is.

Most of her family uses drugs including weed and father has smoked for 40 years daily. She doesn't want to be around that anymore

Yeah i understand i wasn't trying to make anyone against weed.
    Just made the thread to vent (first two days were hard) and talk to ppl who might get it.

Day 4 now, not thinking about smoking at all really.
    Still only getting around 2 hours sleep a night though :mad:

Anyway peace GC :hide: