Im putting an end,to my tobacco addiction

Discussion in 'General' started by Smooth Criminal, Feb 2, 2014.

1. #1 Smooth Criminal, Feb 2, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 2, 2014
    That's it.I'm going to quit this time.I've been a smoker for 6 years.I chose cigarettes because of my anger managment problem.My longest period of time without a cig was 2 day's when I tried to quit cold turkey.
       Why i'm quitting is because I once decided to smoke only a cig a day.I lasted a week on the one cig each day,and this is what influenced me into trying to quit again and this time cold turkey.It gave me my health back,I felt a really HUGE boost in my health that I haven't felt for years.For a couple of days I diden't feel as sick as a dog when I tried to quit/lower the habbit for the one week.

I liked to post this here because maybe this could make me stronger for all you to know.

Ok.So I smoked a cig after breakfast which was 2 hours ago.Now i'm about to throw all the cigarette pack's.

I'll be up and updating this thread later.

2. Good luck bro, ive been toying with quitting but just not committed to it yet.

I work like 6 days a week and have like no access to weed so aside from booze, its my only relaxant.

Just remember the 3 minute rule, when you crave, wait 3 minutes, and it will pass.

3. It's really hard to find weed over here.Nearly impossible to even ask if it's around.But I used to have connections in Israel that where willing to bring some over (I'm in Palestine at this time).OOOhhh yeah so booze is the thing for me over here.

4. Good luck man, ive tried but ive got no will power haha

5. Good luck.
    Just do what I do and tell yourself "my lungs are green" haha

6. Good luck bro. I smoked cigars for a few years, got up to one or two every day. I loved it, but I guess I was never really addicted. The smoking was soooo good, but the wretched stink and foul taste in my mouth after was disgusting. I started to envision myself doing that shit for the rest of my life, and finally figured no way. Cold turkey worked for me.

7. Go down slowly.
    Go from once a day, to a couple of times a week, till you can really fight off the temptation.
    Cold turkey isn't necessarily good because it can be extremely difficult to do so, and if you fail again, you may just give up and never try to quit again (or for a longer while).
    Maybe try those cig-pens people are using these days to draw you off.

8. [​IMG]

9. Ive been trying to quit for a week now...only smoked like 4 cigarettes but like 10 black and milds >X which in retrospect is probably worse for my lungs than cigarettes

10. Aye man when I quit.. It was fucking tough but I did almost the same thing. Came down from two packs a day to 3 a day..My actual intention was to quit for new Yesrs resolution this year..But ya first week I smoked when I woke up. At lunch and before bed. Then I got angry at myself for not having the will power i thought I did. Then I seriously just stopped. It helps that I work 6 days a week lol sorta fills up my time. Doesn't help it's a cigarette shop lolBut seriously. The first week is the hardest and it's really as easy as JUST DONT BUY ONE OR BUM ONE. PERIOD. They'll sit there and talk to you and try and convince ya with shit like.. "Why quit man it's something you enjoy and every man should just do what he enjoys"Or "I can smoke just one every now and then"All lies. Your brain is your biggest enemy over the next couple weeks. Good luck man!Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

11. Once a smoker, always a smoker.

12. Btw I haven't smoked since the 12th of January this year. And now it's seriously not even an issue. I'm think about it maybe once a day and it's easy to overwhelm it nowSent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

13. Just became crazy (keep in mind I got anger management problems too).I just had to have the cig,since I diden't throw them away.So it's been my second cig of the day.Just dumped my 2 packs in the trash.This isen't like a game here,im gonna cut smoking

14. May I help you? This came out at PubMed recently, and although you can't get an inhaler like they used, a simple tincture sprayed into your mouth will work almost as fast! (I think you can "tough it out" for the minute or so it takes to act!) So grab some "high CBD" cannabis and run a search on tinctures!

Cannabidiol reduces cigarette consumption in tobacco smokers: Preliminary findings.
    (abst – 2013)           http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23685330

The role of the endocannabinoid system in nicotine addiction is being increasingly acknowledged. We conducted a pilot, randomised double blind placebo controlled study set out to assess the impact of the ad-hoc use of cannabidiol (CBD) in smokers who wished to stop smoking. 24 smokers were randomised to receive an inhaler of CBD (n=12) or placebo (n=12) for one week, they were instructed to use the inhaler when they felt the urge to smoke. Over the treatment week, placebo treated smokers showed no differences in number of cigarettes smoked. In contrast, those treated with CBD significantly reduced the number of cigarettes smoked by ~40% during treatment. Results also indicated some maintenance of this effect at follow-up. These preliminary data, combined with the strong preclinical rationale for use of this compound, suggest CBD to be a potential treatment for nicotine addiction that warrants further exploration.

and an article on it-

Can Marijuana Help You Quit Cigarettes? Study Says Yes     (news – 2013)
     http://www.leafscience.com/2013/11/01/can-marijuana-help-quit-cigarettes-study-says-yes/

So with just using the inhaler when they felt like a cigarette, they dropped their use by about 40% in one week! :yay:   I wonder what would have happened if they had let the study run 3 weeks?  Here's my guess- 40% reduction - week 1, another 30/40% reduction on week two and quitting totally by week 3!  

Good on all of you for quitting!  :hello:

Granny

15. Good luck bro. One of my best friends quit a couple months ago with help from an e cig. Then he quit the e cig and has been nictotine/tobacco free for a couple months now. Never thought he'd do it.

16. #16 LilTweaky, Feb 2, 2014
    Good luck man that is are hard thing to do.

Some tips:

Don't smoke in your car - EVER or  let anyone else smoke in your car

Don't ever buy ciggeretes you can bum off people but that gets annyoying fast

I also bought an E-cig, I do not smoke that anymore

17. Buy some mids and roll a shitload of joints then smoke 'em like cigs when you get a craving. I quit tobacco in '95 and couldn't have done it without a bit of weed on hand to calm the cravings and jitters. I wish you the best

18. #18 IvGotMilk, Feb 2, 2014
    Get a jar and put the money you'd use to buy cigarettes in it every day and then work out how much money you'll have after 1 year. Then buy a holiday somewhere or treat yourself - you deserve it . Buy the holiday before you have built up your stash jar though, that way you have to quit, otherwise you just blew twice as much money as you needed to on the holiday. That should be enough motivation to quit

19. Good job man!

20. Those liquid vape pens helped me. E cigs work wonders