I'm planning to grow, I have some questions

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by mrgibblet, Dec 6, 2010.

1. I was growing last year, but shit happened and the plants ended up getting destroyed by my brother, it was an indoor 2-plant grow.

I want to grow outdoors in the upcoming year, and I don't want to spend money either.
    I already have plenty of seeds, some dank seeds, and alot of bagseed.
    I was wondering, would I get a decent amount of bud if I tried growing around 4 plants of bagseed? I will eliminate the males if there happens to be any.
    I live in central texas, I have alot of land and room to grow, but the only thing i'm worried about is the soil, there's certain parts of my land where the soil is nice and fine and pitch black, but other parts it is rocky.
    I would plan to plant the seeds in the nice soil parts so that they can grow nicely.
    And another thing I'm wondering about is how often would I have to water them if they were in the ground? And how often if I had one in a bucket?
    Would I be able to have a successful grow if I didn't use store-bought soil, if i grew bagseed outdoors, and watered them every other day?

Thanks guys! I really REALLY want to get a grow in this year, it means everything to me. I need some bud to smoke, I'm broke haha.

2. I'm in the exact same boat as you man...Hell, I'm even in the same state. But it can be done, but I think if you spent about $10 on a good soil mix, it'd pay off

3. Man, what part of texas you living in?

And I'm not so sure even as if i'd need to get soil, but I know I should, there's just no way for me to. The soil out here should be good, its just a bit rocky in central texas, but the land I live on is used for cattle and corn farming, I have 14 acres. If I was to get soil I'd probably get a bucket from the part of the corn field soil.

4. If you don't have to travel too far to the plants, I suggest making up your own mix, get some of the 'better' soil you have on the land, mix with some gravel for drainage.

Dig a decent hole for the plant, and fill it with the mix you've made up. And when i say dig a hole, this is to hold the good soil, so it's gotta big enough for the roots to be established in.
    This is the budget formula, if your willing to spend a few $$$, it's worth picking up some ingredients from the garden store. Like perlite and some fertilisers and so on. There's plenty of soil recipes online to go off.
    Good luck !

5. What are the ideal signs of good soil?

6. The more airy and lighter the mixture the better off you will be. The roots will get suffocated if the mixture is too thick. The soil is pretty key

7. Well the soil I have out here is a deep pitch black tone, with little limestone chunks in it, it is very fine soil, basically like sand, but if i add water it will probably be a whole different story.

8. also from tx here. id agree with Homegrower on this one. my site has some loamy clay features so im going with some soil mixtures to put in some 2x2x2 holes...although the native soil around is pitch black and easily breaks apart in my hand. i have some sites that ill use soil mixtures and then a few other sites that ill just leave as native soil but tilled up and turned, ready for the spring. im a first time grower so im tryin to experiment this year, but i have a serious grow that will also be in the works.

hope you have some luck man, if im not mistaken texas should have a great grow year for 2011. i cant wait till it starts warmin the fuck up...im broke...need some dank LOL :smoke: