I'm planning on growing, just want to know if im on the right direction.

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by sloburn, Jun 25, 2010.

1. #1 sloburn, Jun 25, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 25, 2010
    Ok. this is what i have purchased so far.

1. 6x6x6 grow tent mylar interior
    2. miracle grow pottin soil with scotts perlite
    3. rockwool cubes to grow seeds in. 10
    4. thermometer with humidity meter
    5. 3 liter containers. 10
    6. ph water tester
    7. electric timer

i plan on grownin all tens seeds that i purchased.

the lights i havent purchased yet. I plan growin in my garage where its about 85 degrees to 90. im pretty sure a few fans will bring the temp down. i heard hps ommit alot of heat. so if i got with hps then i will have a heat problem im guessing. i was leaning to go florecents. any idea ppl.

if i go florecents, what watt would be ideal for my tent and what bulbs should i buy. i heard there are diff types of bulbs with diff spectrums. whats the best florecent set up.

same as hps. if i go this way what watt would be ideal and what bulbs. i kno most ppl go with the holiflux bulbs. what would be the best hps set up.

i have invested quite a bit of money so i dont want this to go down the drain. anyway i can improve what i am doing. am i on the right direction. do i really have to buy all that nutrients stuff. cant i just have proper soil and proper ph and water when needed.

2. You definitely didn't do well by purchasing Miracle Grow, it's the worst soil there is (and unfortunately it's everywhere). It has a time release fertilizer which will usually nute burn your plants, you should go with Foxfarm Oceans Forest, or ProMix. You could even make your own, using earthworm castings/blood meal/bat guano/perlite/peat moss etc... You can read more here:

Tell Us Your Soil Mix - Page 2 - The Garden's Cure

Unless you're doing a SoG grow, you'll want to get bigger containers for the future... 3 or 5 gallon containers.

Electric timers have some problems with CFL's electronic ballasts, I'll paraphrase it for you:

As for the lights/watts/spectrum, it's basic research and you should do that. If you're going to do 10 plants, your wattage would be fairly high and you might want to wire a copper wire to a breaker for your entire grow.

3. #3 sloburn, Jun 25, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 25, 2010
    wow. thanks. i didnt know that about the miracle grow. i recently purchased a book by see more buds and they used the miracle grow soil.

so with the soil you recommend what ph do i water. i got small comtainers being that the book i read they did a 30 day veg, and a 30 day flowerin cycles.

ok. so lets say i go hps. what would be best for my tent set up. its a 6x6x6 so there should be room to go grow 10 plants at a time i figure. the reason i considered florecents was due to where i plan on growin which is my garage. hps i read release alot of heat.

good info thou. thank you. im leaning on goin hps. i have to double check the timer i have. might be mechanical

hey which soil is it that you are talkin about. i put links

Image Gallery
    Image Gallery