I'm Officially A Home Owner. Slightly Nervous.

Discussion in 'General' started by Heinous Anus, Jul 21, 2018.

1. Wow, I never thought I'd see the day. I'm sitting in my old home for the last night after 8 years of living/renting here in Western Massachusetts with my girlfriend and now wife. I have about 90% of the house packed up and moved already thanks to my wife's amazing family and some hard work from all of us. Not much left here but the bare essentials until we officially move in tomorrow after the internet has been turned on. Its a modest ranch home with a decent sized back yard with plenty of gardening space. Luckily, Mass. is a fully legal state and my wife and I can grow up to 12 plants without any problems. Already have a great spot in the new refurbished basement to start my ladies. Plus, most of my new neighbors have some amazing grows going on. Can't wait to trade stock and tips with them.

It is odd that I feel slightly bummed. I've been renting the same spot for 8 years because the rent was just too killer to pass up for this area. Chill landlord, great location, and sweet neighbors made it all that much better. I have had some amazing times and made many great memories behind these walls. I will miss walking through the side streets and trails with my wife and dog, like we always do. I know I won't miss the road next to our house that's so pot-holed that it looks like it been through a WWI shelling barrage. I never thought I could get attached to a home, but change is a good thing. We have worked hard for this and saved a ton to buy it outright without any loans and I am looking forward to the future. Also, it's not too far away, about 20-25 minutes, so we can always just come back here when we want and still visit some old haunts.

My wife and I are also officially roasted off 1.5 grams of Hallucinating Hash Capsules made with some 92% clean shatter as a tribute and honor to our last night here. Going to go for a walk with her and my dog one last time around here as well, come back, get some buffalo wings, and Netflix and chill...as is tradition.

• Like Like x 8
    • Winner Winner x 2
  2. whats your local taxes water and sewage etc

cheers/

• Like Like x 1
  3. Congrats on the house! I'm happy for you

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Congrats man. Get ready fo uncle sam, lol. It's a good feeling. You have accomplished a milestone! Cheers!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Home ownership is the only way to go if you can.
    I’m glad you were able to do it and buy outright.
    Congrats to you and your wife.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. I know I had fond memories of my last place too but getting your first home is the beginning of a great new story. Congrats!

• Like Like x 2
  7. When growing in a basement use a dehumidifier or the high humidity could cup your wood floors. Ask me how I know.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. Congratulations. As long as you don't get in over your head home ownership is one of the best investments out there.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Congratulations enjoy your new humble abode friend :)

• Like Like x 1
  10. Congrats OP, very cool.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Thank you for all the well wishes and congrats! Been nearly two weeks now and we are settling in nicely. Met the new neighbors, had some awesome smoke sessions with them, met their dogs, grilled out, and been getting a feel for the area.

A kick ass local Buffalo Wings place opened up within a 2 min walk from our house that I frequent often now. Some nice, local stores, shops, and other places of interest to check out too. I live about 5 minutes from a massive reservoir that is home to hundreds of bald eagles, so that's always an amazing sight. Had one land in our back yard the other day and no joke, that fucker's wingspan had to have been 6+ feet! I honestly had no idea they got that big. I think it could have easily taken out my 55lb Pittie if it really wanted to.

Luckily, the town is slowly getting built up again (I guess you could say gentrified), so the taxes and expenses are somewhat low...for now.... I don't anticipating it breaking the bank, but its always something to keep an eye on.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Congratulations H.A.

Best thing you could have ever done for you and your family.

Owning outright without a damn mortgage is also huge - we worked hard and did the same. Knowing there isn’t a bank that can ever take this away from us as long as the real estate taxes are paid to the town is a good feeling - so be very proud!

Very cool.

J