I'm not sure if "I told you so" is appropriate...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Buddy Dink, Aug 4, 2010.

1. ...but I just wanted to give a shout out to people like Ron Paul and the members of this board who are not Keynesian nuts.

I have been looking at all of the headlines for the past 2 or 3 months and guess what all of them are about? The 'slowing economic recovery'. What did Ron Paul say? He said that continuing the problem of over regulation and government sponsorship/subsidizing/ownership of the economy would only make our recession last longer. What truth has now come to fruition? Our longer-lasting economic woes. And let us not forget that this is after Ron Paul predicted the collapse of the housing and/or credit bubble.

So has anybody decided to come over to the light side yet? Or do you need to see more evidence of the flaws of Keynesian economics?

2. Though i agree with most of your post, i have to point out that you dont get to boast and say "i told you so" when your plan has not be implemented and tried.

Just because the others are wrong doesnt make you right.

just a bit of devil's advocate...

3. Keynesianism would work if we would just reform the system by adding more oversight and regulations. The way to do this is by letting democracy flow like wine.

:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

4. The past weekend edition of the Wall Street Journal had an excellent front page story on the slowing recovery, and the fact that the government 'miscalculated' the original severity of the recession and the of the rate of recovery. First time I actually paid to read a newspaper. Could be a cool momento if the shit really hits the fan and we get an epic double dip.

Also of interest in this particular paper's headlines: Rangel a crook, FED Board of Governors doubling their personal assets, bloodiest month in Afghanistan to date. Personifies the zeitgeist pretty well, no?

5. Hey guys, why does it matter? We're all gonna die anyways!

[​IMG]

(If you don't get it, you fail)

6. Considering I have no real way to effect the general public at this particular point in time, I'm not really boasting for myself. I'm boasting because I picked the right 'team' in politics.

On a side note of what you've said, there isn't really anything to implement. The plan would quite simply be to remove all of the previously implemented plans and let things happen the way they would freely.

I'm not even saying it would be better, or that we would be free of all disasters, economic or otherwise. All I'm saying is that we wouldn't be empowering these people to rape us.

7. it's gone too far, we'll never be able to get back to where we were 100 years ago, economically speaking

as far as im concerned, we'll never truly recover from this entire financial disaster. we're just going to end up with more regulation (financial reform, the auto industry, bailouts) and its just going to go further and further away from simple free market economics

8. Who gives a rats ass about the economy unless you need it to support you?

(If you don't get it, you fail.):rolleyes:

9. Unless we start spreading the truth. It's starts all with a simple brouchure which I'm currently working on it right now. I'm trying figure out what to put in and what's not.. hmm

[​IMG]

10. I don't understand why the govt. can't use how the average person deals with money as a model. Don't spend money you don't have.

Couldn't we stop funding these wars that have run on for years too long? We could give the space program a break too. Space and all the planets aren't going anywhere. Mission to mars my ass.

Why don't we send Obama and whoever else is in charge of our budget on a "mission to mars"?

11. So I'm glad everybody who is well known here for making a stand against Keynesian economics has contributed to the thread, but where is everyone else?

Are there any people out there still willing to make a defense for these policies?

12. #13 Grizmoblust, Aug 4, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 4, 2010

I'm afraid you won't find them on this forums. However if you go to gaming forums, or any other dumb masses forums, they'll make a fight for it that keynesian is so great and our economy is getting better! I been trying explain to these sheeps but mostly of the time, they say, "why should I read from that site, it's ludicrous! or that source is bias." Oh the humanity.

Ps. All I hear from these zombies, "why would our gov do this to us" "why the gov is willing to kill us for the name of security." which lead to this, "I read the article, it smells bullshit to me"

13. I know quite a few people on this forum are very much so in favor of Keynesian economics... Whether they know they are or not is unknown to me. They are certainly here, though, and none of them have posted in this thread.

14. #15 k.smith904, Aug 5, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2010
    people are certainly ignorant about the government/economy.

I got into an argument with a lib on another forum I frequent about the economy/recession. I brought up keynesian policies and how much of our problems can be traced back to them, and this was his response:

"So you're one of this rednecks who thinks Obama is from Kenya."

:facepalm:

15. You racist bastard... Just because he is black doesn't mean he is from Africa!

Also, a new stimulus/bailout in the making:

http://blogs.reuters.com/james-pethokoukis/2010/08/05/an-august-surprise-from-obama/