I'm NOT proud to be an American.

Discussion in 'General' started by jimbobbybob, Nov 25, 2011.

1. Why do you think we give so much foreign aid? It sure as hell isn't to help the countries...its only for our benefit. Were not just giving out freebies...

And yes taxes are theft. The government is forcible taking your money from you that you earn. If I go up to you a take your money I go to jail. If the government does it than somehow it's ok. Are you suggesting that if there was no income tax than we would have no roads or infrastructure? There is something called the private sector...people seem to think if the federal government doesn't do something for us than it wouldn't get done.

Also, federal student loans is what inflates the cost of schooling. It creates a bubble and soon it will burst. Not even mentioning the harms of inflation of the dollar which is created by the federal reserve.

And if the government didn't get so involved in the markets, there wouldn't be so many people out of work. If our government actually did it's job correctly and followed the constitution(OMG what a novel idea!:eek:) than the majority of people out of work would be the people that don't put in the effort to get a job and no they don't really deserve to get money from the federal government. Of course there will be exceptions to this generalization and they can apply for benefits through non-profit charities and whatnot. Again, if the federal government doesn't do it, it does not mean that the service doesn't exist.

And just because third world countries have it worse doesn't mean we shouldn't try to better our system and get rid of corruption. We have the ability to do so, so why not do it? I would love to help all these third world countries and give them a better government (that is if they want our help), but we cannot afford that. We need to become prosperous as a country first and then we can go help. But if you hadn't noticed we are 15 trillion dollars in debt....

Ron Paul 2012

2. nah dude, countries outside the u.s. lack these qualities more often than we do, less fortunate appriciate a simple boring day in america, kids kill themselves in this country because the get bullied... thats hilairious. i dont hear people in poverty complain about that shit.

3. Haha, I'm not going to help this country change, thats my point exactly, fuckin help yourself. I dont depend on anything or anyone to survive un-like all of you house-bound mommy's boy's. Your supporting an inanimate "country" or "way-of-life", thats embarrassing dude..

4. I can understand most of that, but not the other.
    Yours would be 'I am in Germany gewesen' (dunno what gewesen means), while the other I read as 'Yes, I have Germany gewesen. Germany is greatsomething?'.
    To be fair I only did a year of it at school, which was ten years ago.:smoke:

5. apologies for the German lesson embedded in this fierce debate...

gewesen = past participle of sein (the verb to be)
    his sentence was trying to say "I have been in Germany" and for most verbs, starting with "Ich habe" is the right way to do that. But there's some funny verbs that "take" sein instead of haben to form the pp. And it gets confusing as fuck, because "sein" itself is one of the fuckin verbs that takes sein! Some other one are bleiben (stay), wohnen (live)... can't think of any more right now.

6. Have you ever lived in another country for more than a year?

O and to the guy complaining about how we can't smoke herb legally TRY IT IN CHINA or thailand or japan you'll get put in jail for like 5 yeras.

7. bahahha the southpark link was what i was gonna do

8. Just because you don't hear about it does not mean it's not happening.

9. Newsflash: every country is corrupt. Be happy you live in one where you can openly say so without fearing the reprecussions. I myself take issue with a lot of the things I see within our country, but atleast it isnt like North Korea or Saudi Arabia or Russia or whatever other country where something bad could happen to you for having an opinion.

10. america has done a lot of bad but also has a lot of good like me being punished if i was to confront u in person for ur traiterous post u arab scum..

11. You can also be openly racist and ignorant in this great country of ours...

12. I love my country, but I hate the people in charge.