I'm NOT proud to be an American.

Discussion in 'General' started by jimbobbybob, Nov 25, 2011.

1. I prefer to say I am disquieted by being a hominid. Unpleasant things occur behind ever flag:(
    Is it our nature?

2. It seems that the human race is destined for greatness. Our intelligence is amazing as well as our potential. Plus as a species, we seem to be stupid lucky...

I see our species doing great things, if we dont destroy ourselves first that is...

3. #63 jimbobbybob, Nov 25, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 25, 2011
    So what you're saying is your opinion is right?

I don't give a fuck about money, never have. I stated my opinion, sorry for not having the same opinion as you, but does that make me ignorant? My family is privileged thanks to my grandfather, we don't have a ton of money but we definitely have more than the average family in the United States... and I see it get to their (my family's) heads. I haven't bought new clothes in months because I simply don't need any, people care so much about fashion and what people will think of them... it just saddens me. My 6 year old niece has been raised to be completely self conscious of her looks... 6 years old, is that right?

I'm not saying it's better in Mexico, I'm saying it would have been better for me to live there. May be you care about having a lot of money, but I feel just getting by in life is an adventure... all I needed as a kid was a ball at my feet and place to play, I never asked for a lot as a kid...and I still don't ask for a lot.

4. I totally agree with you that materialism is a big problem here in America.

But i will reiterate that i love the opportunities available in this country. If you have the drive, and knowledge, (and the ability to do ungodly amounts of paperwork) you can make your own way, and the government will fund a good portion of it. We get those amazing opportunities in this country.

Yes, our society has a lot of problems, but i am a proud American, nonetheless...

I am not saying i am proud of our governments recent decisions (that budget supercommittee was a fucking joke, and dont even get me started on the patriot act) but as an American, it is my protected right to voice my displeasure.

I dunno, maybe im an optimist, but i believe things can get better. But it appears the majority of people in my age group 18-29 just dont give a fuck, so we never get a good canidate that embodies the kind of change we want to see...

And i hate to be the Ron Paul guy, becausr some of his policies are bat shit nuts (we shouldnt disband the irs, we still need tax revenue) but at least the guy is honest, and doesnt seem to have any hidden agenda.

5. Some things he says I don't totally agree with either, but for the most part I think he is honest...one of the few. But I feel that things will get better as the greedy old people die off... I know I will be here at least another 5 years, most likely 10, and if shit goes worse I'm gone, but most likely will stay. Only time will tell. Thanks everyone for their insights on the matter, watched Vaccine Nation last night and that just made me even more upset and pushed me to posting this (the thread)...anyway Thanks again all.

6. only heard good things about germany??? you never heard one bad thing about germany before?? wow

7. [quote name='"mushroomsatsuji"']
    Yes, and you are the best example.[/quote]

Explain sir

8. [quote name='"mushroomsatsuji"']
    You shouldnt have done your research on prison planet[/quote]

Wtf is prison planet??

9. [quote name='"meddlehaze"']

Media brainwashing? I don't even have cable television nor do I ever spend my hours on the interwebz looking at the latest news in 3rd world countries :p
    I follow one of my friends on instagram who is in Cambodia right now. Her pictures tell it all

Go visit North Korea and China then get back to me mannn.[/quote]

I stayed in Bolivia for awhile it was a crazy experience there....please don't think I'm one of those guys that just talk out of my ass just to be heard...when it comes down to the way people are allowed to live their lives America is definitely one of the top places to live...but that's not what I'm talking about...I'm not talking about the way a nations leaders treat their citizens....what I was referring to are the things that America does behind the scenes to further their agenda

10. All that matters is that we are all human.

11. I agree with you, it's not right the way our government handles things. I'm sure the majority of us would agree with you on this, but to say it's terrible is a little ridiculous when you compare the USA to other governments. It gets worse and more terrible.. that's all I was tryin to say man :)

12. Holly jingle bell junk, is hating on yourself in the aspect of being of being an 'American' now the cool hip thing to do?

Pardon me, but this is really bandwagon(ish), the government has nothing to do with where you were born and if you would wake up you would see This Land (maybe not Kentucky or Delaware) it's actually pretty flipping schweet!

Hate on the gov. all you want, but you will still be American if you were born here. We are a MELTING POT of Cultures/Races/Ethnicity's and that alone is pretty cool to me!!!

13. Not in any way did I say anything you said, I think you took it all the wrong way, we do have nice land, I'm not blaming anyone for where I was born, and I don't hate myself...I'm confused by your post

14. Our country tries to help others? lol good joke...

15. I do believe sein takes sein, for forming past particles. "Ich bin in Deutschland gewesen".

16. Well at least you know your free?

17. Can I smoke a plant without fear of being put in a cage? Can I get paid without the government stealing my money? Can I drive a car without having to go through a long process and purchasing insurance? Can I opt out of social safety nets? Does the government stay out of markets so I can purchase high quality services/products at a fair price?

shall I keep going?

18. [quote name='"budsmokn420"']

Can I smoke a plant without fear of being put in a cage? Can I get paid without the government stealing my money? Can I drive a car without having to go through a long process and purchasing insurance? Can I opt out of social safety nets? Does the government stay out of markets so I can purchase high quality services/products at a fair price?

shall I keep going?[/quote]

That's why I put a "?"

19. ahhh lol

20. America gives the most foreign aid of any country. Theres not even a close second...

We even give Russia 8 billion fucking dollars a year while they call us evil and whats wrong with the world.

Youre right about the plant part, ill give you that.

But youre still part of a society, and as such, you have certain responsibilities to your fellow man and those less fortunate than yourself. Stealing money? Your tax revenue is the reason we have highways and infastructure, also education that i bet you have benefited from.

Boo hoo, i have all these social safety nets, if i lose my job, i can collect a check from the government that will allow me to provide for my family while i look for a job.

haha, really dude? Youve got so many first world problems, your life must be super difficult.