I'm NOT proud to be an American.

Discussion in 'General' started by jimbobbybob, Nov 25, 2011.

1. I don't see why almost everybody thinks that "patriotism" is mandatory in this country.

If a country's government does a good job of governing its people then it should "rewarded" by having a patriotic, supporting people.

It's like during war time when people (aka rep.) say that you can't insult or question the president because it is a time of war. That's a load of bullshit, please.

Dissenting opinion is what founded this country. It should be respected, not opposed unconditionally...

2. SteezyDAT loves attention almost as much as he loves cock.

3. America is not the government

America is not the government

4. Currently Americans are in trouble.
    "I am really not Proud to be an American."

5. [quote name='"soostooned"']America has it's problems but so does every other country, even germany. We're trying our best! Noones telling you to be go around spreading your american pride, but our country is not terrible. Whether we are somewhat greedy or not, america tries to help other countries as well. And not everybody hates americans.[/quote]

Haha our country is so terrible man you obviously have no idea....you need to learn the history of this country and how it began....how we became the power we are today....and the things our "government" does to keep the majority exactly as they want us ( I put it in quotes because our "government" goes a lot deeper than most Americans realize)...its not yours or anyone else's fault that they can't see what's behind the curtains....but again that's the point....that's the way our society is built,we are distracted by the concept of $$$ and personal gain so the majority never even thinks to question....of course there's more to it but I'm not going to explain myself on a mobile GC app

6. [quote name='"jimbobbybob"']
    I'm a patriot to what our country was founded on, which is why I'm voting for Dr. Paul... and it seriously has nothing to do with legalizing bud, but I will admit that is what got me into hearing the guy out on other things, and I do agree with most of what he has to say, some things I'm not so sure about...but for the most part I feel he's for the people, I mean he's old, he lived his life, and now he's looking to help the future of the world rather than making bank and getting power.
    I wouldn't doubt that if congress could get rid of the bill of rights with no chaos as a result, most would be for it... the honest guy never wins until it doesn't matter anymore, or so it seems.[/quote]

This country wasn't founded on what we were all raised to believe it was founded on....research for yourself,but don't be a dumbass that believes everything he reads just because it goes against the system....that's just as ignorant

7. You should learn about other countries and how terrible their governments are. You might appreciate the corrupt governmental system we have today.

8. Haha I have man....and yes there are corrupt countries around the world....but see what you did there? You assumed that the things that go on in 3rd world countries are worse than what our country is doing...media brainwashing at its best

9. Seriously if you think america is so bad go immigrate to a new country and see how great it is. Do like the mexicans and hop some other countries border for a "better life"

10. [quote name='"meddlehaze"']

You should learn about other countries and how terrible their governments are. You might appreciate the corrupt governmental system we have today.[/quote]

Haha I have man....and yes there are corrupt countries around the world....but see what you did there? You assumed that the things that go on in 3rd world countries are worse than what our country is doing...media brainwashing at its best

11. it's obvious you've never even 'vacationed' to a 3rd world country aha :(

12. Yes, and you are the best example.

13. You shouldnt have done your research on prison planet

14. #54 jimbobbybob, Nov 25, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 25, 2011
    I've been more places in Mexico than I have in the United States, I know what true poverty is. Might not be on par with Africa in terms of third world countries, but it is a sad country in places nonetheless.

15. Media brainwashing? I don't even have cable television nor do I ever spend my hours on the interwebz looking at the latest news in 3rd world countries :p
    I follow one of my friends on instagram who is in Cambodia right now. Her pictures tell it all

Go visit North Korea and China then get back to me mannn.

16. And it is mostly the people around my area that piss me off, all are ignorant to the rest of the world. A lot are racist and such, it's hard to call people out on shit and win when you're the minority. I am white, so it's not like I'm a minority in terms of race, I'm a minority in terms of opinion. But we created the shit in Mexico with the drug war... no way you can say we didn't. Also Americans use between 25-40% (I think, don't know exacts) of the world's power... I look down at my uncle's house, and he has every fucking light on just because he can... and he's so attached to his material success, and a lot of people around my area are like that.

The government teaches us to be ignorant to other countries, are we required to learn another language in school? No. In high school we have to take two years of foreign language, but with the fucking "No kid left behind" teachers only care about passing their students (not all but some are like that) and parents don't push their students enough. Go to any big European country and English is a requirement now, and in Germany they are required to learn a third language, also.

I also look around and see the obesity rate climbing... I have two sisters that are heavily over weight and my nephew is also very over weight, but they don't care... I mean, do what you want ya know, but when you raise a kid to think it's o.k. to be fat and play video games all the time... When I was a kid all I wanted to do was play sports, even now that I'm 21, I would rather play soccer with some buddies than go out drinking on the weekends, I'm the only one like that. People don't even like to play ball unless they can win, if they lose they see it as a waste of time rather than getting better by playing a tougher opponent. Of course these are all just my opinions.

Maybe it's just my area, I don't know...

17. Truthfully I would have rather been born in poorer country, because those countries usually carry passion for things besides video games and material successes. When I was in Mexico (visited 7 times, real Mexico - cities such as Monterrey, Puelbo, Veracruz...and a lot of smaller towns) you look down every street corner and you'll most likely see groups of kids playing ball, that doesn't happen so much in the states, instead it's "yo man let's go play call of duty"

18. i agree with OP..i havent been pround to be an american in a LOOONG time and every time i read some shit about whats going on i like our government less and less

i dont blame all the people here because we almost dont have any control anymore but our gov is so fucked up its not even funny..if i had the means i would have BEEN gone but im not to that point in my life yet

so to the people comparing our gov to other countries thats dumb..were less corrupt so its ok? uhhh how about no corruption like its supposed to be. people who think like that are part of the problem because you just accept things

19. #59 MayorMcStoned, Nov 25, 2011
    You think this doesnt happen in America?

Your ignorant self has idealized your vacations to mexico, making you believe they have it so much better down there.
    Now, if you had grown up there, penniless and struggling to put food on your and your families plates, you might have firm ground to base your argument from. I can guarantee you, your vacations wouldnt have been as fun if you were broke down there.

You're spoiled to live in a country as great as America, you dont appreciate the freedom and wealth our ENTIRE population has when compared to the rest of the world, and youre applying your beliefs to an entire nation made up of almost 400 million individuals...

Come back and post when you have a legitimate argument.

20. #60 Zr-01stamg, Nov 25, 2011
    that's exactly my point most other countries aren't on par with america. They don't have a gas station on every corner or a wal mart in every city or public transit etc.

O and to everyone bitching about how fucked our government is GO OUT AND FUCKING DO SOMETHING!! for fuck sake if you aren't working for a solution you're part of the problem. complacency and the idea that our vote means nothing is while peopl 30+ dominate the votes. The 18-28 people need to step the fuck up and vote or do something get active. Nothing will changes if those that have a problem with current position do nothing.