I'm not going to live in this system anymore.

Discussion in 'General' started by MarleyIsaLegend, Aug 16, 2012.

1. I have been living with my parents since I graduated high school and have been working at random food places until I figured out what I wanted to do in life, I have decided I don't want to pursue a career, and am not settling down. It's not because I'm a lazy bum, it's like I just want to be happy and free. I haven't figured my plans out completely so I don't even know what I'm going to do about money. All I know is I can't fucking take "normal" life. Somehow I'm going to get out of it. Maybe I could try living on my own in the wilderness or something? Yeah definitely easier said than done. What do the blades of the city think about this? Simply "getting off my lazy ass and working for a living" would literally cause me to jump off the highest cliff I could find.

2. I say you go get an education and get a job.

3. Ha-ha very funny mister. :p

4. Living in the wilderness would suck man, you would become malnourished and shit, what about winter? and what about medicine if you get sick?

You most likely would die faster if you did go awol then if you got a job and stayed in the "system".

Think this over, there are a lot of factors.

5. lol...

Living in the wilderness? You need toliet paper. What about bugs? Showers? Brushing your teeth? Food? Doing laundry? Dirty underwear for weeks and months straight is not a comfortable feeling. Looking tan but really its dirt that has stained your skin i don't think that life style is for you bud. Go work a 9 - 5 job and find a career or join the military and have retirement then say fuck life lol.

6. You're not les strout so get off your lazy ass and get a job

7. Yeah, dude. Honestly we all have to do shit we don't like sometimes, it's part of life. Take the bad with the good.

8. At this point I feel like I know it would be complete suicide but I am somewhat.. fine? with that.

9. Might as well save yourself the time then, if you have an outlook like that.

10. Good point haha..

11. Farming in the middle of nowhere. Easily done. I know some people who kill 90% of what they eat and farm while making small cash Off of the crop to buy some necessities. Your best bet I think.

12. I think it's an awesome idea, and you shouldn't be restricted to what society tells you to be. I wouldn't know what to do though, but good luck my friend.

13. become a weed farmer

14. Ive wanted to do it, then i realized when I get in the middle of woods I have no idea what I am doing.

15. I'm sorry man...but what's freedom without the means to provide for yourself? Please man get an education and find a good job. You may thank yourself. Unfortunately money is necessary to be comfortable...well not really but damn man...life's fucking hard.

16. even if u dont have a "job"
    you will still have to work.

I wish u the best OP

17. If you can scrape together a couple of hundred dollars then get yourself a plane ticket to a developing country then volunteer helping people (not one of those volunteer programmes you have to pay for, just find a guy with a project you like the sound of when you're there and offer your services), a spare pair of hands or an English speaking person is always useful in a lot of places. You'll be escaping "the system" you hate so much, and doing something which is helping other people, and there isn't much that's more satisfying than that.

Also, I don't think you'd enjoy living in the wilderness too much man.

18. Wanna live in the wild? Go ahead, ill keep my comfortable bed and health insurance.

19. whoa man...i didn't even think you could do that. nice

20. I don't mind work, as in physical or mental effort. But I can't "work" just for pieces of paper man. It definitely doesn't make sense to 99.8% of you guys I'm sure, and I can't seem to get my words into writing:(