I'm not a birther, but this is strange

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Dronetek, Oct 15, 2009.

1. If there are 60% of Democrats that believe such lunacy then IMHO they have profound mental problems and need help, I would suggest that they use less drugs or something of that nature. To suggest that an American President would have intentions to harm citizens of the Country he was elected to serve and protect is not only bordering on treason in my mind but suggests the folks that believe in such nonsense are troubled by issues far more profound than who orchestrated 911. President Bush thought he was doing the right thing, but unfortunately when presidents make decisions it's more often than not life or death that's the result.

I accuse President Bush of being pretty bad at his job but there isn't a soul in this world that will--logically--convince me he had anything to do with the 911 attacks. In my way of thinking, it isn't normal to draw such a specious conclusion.

2. So all I get out of this is that the AP sucks at fact-checking and some 13 year old who calls itself "John Carlton" really sucks at blogging, proper grammar, and logical reasoning.

But I just want to know why Joe Biden is staying silent about the persistent rumors that he has breasts and female sex organs. These rumor aren't going to go away. My cousin's drug dealer's ex-roommate told me today that he remembers very clearly during the last vice presidential debate, that Biden made an off-hand comment to Palin, saying "So what I have lady sex organs? No one takes me seriously anyways.". But it's not in any transcript or video out there. But, still the truth remains. Facts mean nothing when the truth is on your side.

3. I agree with you ak, I dont know where those facts are coming from . I have never heard that 60% of democrats believe the 9/11 conspiracy stuff. I think it was just anti-democrat bashing on the part of dronetek. I would like to see some scientifc polls before I believe that.

4. In my way of thinking, it isn't normal to draw such a specious conclusion.

I understand where you are coming from, but with all the greed in this world.. We can all see on a daily basis that it is a dog eat dog world. The mechanic will scam you if you don't know anything about cars, you can't walk most places alone at night.. with all the mistrust we have in each other, it seems to be natural that we wouldn't trust the government.
    I don't rule out any conspiracy theory, but I'm not about to vouch for any of them either. I think it's healthy for people to question the government, no matter how out there some theories are, I'm glad that people are thinking for themselves..

Although, after seeing Sara Palin in the 2008 campaign, and now seeing her publish a book and considering running for President, I don't know how anyone can take this "democracy" seriously.
    The charade is over. For me, at least.

5. Sure it's healthy for people to question their government and auto mechanics, but one should have a logical basis for those questions if one is to be effective and taken seriously. Also, the fact that some individuals--who are obviously not intelligent on basically any level--are able to form opinions doesn't mean they're thinking for themselves, as many political groups don't. We live in a dangerous and complicated world and still there are some that think they don't have to use their brains to critically discriminate facts instead of blind ideology.

It may be instinctive for citizens to question but it isn't in their nature to not be clever, so my thought comes around to the fact that many people are just willfully ignorant. They mainly stick to the shadows of life, demand little of themselves and refuse to come out into the light with all of the other rational people. I want to hear from citizens that--as often as they can--think dispassionately about an issue and offer up sober conclusions instead of emotional babble based on one fear or another.

We should demand more of our government, but not before we demand more of ourselves and perhaps from that realization we will eventually see that we are the ones that are truly responsible for the state of not just the union but ourselves.

Peace.

6. Exactly.

That being said, I have a friend who was born in India and her birth certificate says Pasadena, California. ;)

7. Like sending them off to war? Ignoring obvious signs?

I don't believe he had anything to do with 9/11 either (as far as inside jobs go), but he sure did use it strategically in furthering his own interests - which may just be why some people draw up these far-fetched conclusions.

8. #30 OldManGreen, Nov 17, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 17, 2009

ah, I am looking for the other audio..

it seems I may have to wait... sorry...

9. #31 TheDankery, Nov 17, 2009
    Well, then, good luck. It doesn't fucking exist.

Obama is a U.S citizen.... is this even debatable anymore? John McCain wasn't born in America; there's a better case for him not being a citizen than Obama.

Hoooly shiiiit.

10. Sigh.... I'm going to explain the real "birther" debate once again. Everyone knows that Barack Obama is a citizen of the United States that is not the question in doubt, the question in doubt is whether Barack Obama is a Natural Born citizen.

The Supreme Court has never defined the term "natural born" but explains it best in the

1874 ruling Minor vs. Happersett

So therefore Obama's natural born citizenship is in doubt as his father was not a U.S. citizen. Remember being a natural born citizen is different then being a citizen.

Wikipedia actually explains it halfway decent and here is their account.

Yes a lot of people claim he was born in Kenya and is the Anti-Christ. The MSM feeds on their stupidy like a pack of piranhas. The real question is whether he was natural born because he did have 2 citizenships at the time of his birth. The Supreme Court really needs to define the Term "Natural Born" as they have not.

11. well, I think lunatics like Orly Taitz and other morons who really, really want to believe everything they read on the internet would disagree with you, but point taken.

You don't have to sigh at me.

Hawaii officials keep saying he's a natural-born citizen. Do you have any reason to believe they're lying about that?

So... the argument is that Obama may not be eligible for the president's office because he may not be a "natural-born" citizen, a term which nobody knows the meaning of? Ok then.

Hawaii is a state, a part of America, and Hawaii says he's natural-born; I believe them.

12. #34 MountyBounty, Nov 17, 2009
    I'm not sighing at you man but at myself for getting involved in this birther conversation.

Well yes that Hawaii Director can say that he is a natural born citizen as much as he wants but it has never been defined in the court systems. It's a fact that he had dual citizenship until he was 23 years old (American and Kenyan). This following long ass quote is from factcheck.org

I just don't consider people that have allegiances to 2 different countries to be a "Natural Born" Citizen of the U.S. The question is reasonable and it would be nice if the courts would actually rule on this

Edit: Just imagine this situation. A future president is born in Texas whose mother is American and father is Mexican. The first thing this President does as a duel citizen is to offer Amnesty to all Illegal Immigrants. Where is his allegiance? to the laws of the United States or to his compatriots of Mexico? this is one scenario that the courts need to prevent.

13. Ah Claaasiiic goal post moving. First, Obama's not an citizen. Then Obama's not a natural citizen. Then there's gonna be a future half mexican half texan american president who will GIVE OUR COUNTRY TO THE FURRIOURNERS!

14. #36 TheDankery, Nov 17, 2009
    So what is your definition of "natural born citizen"? You seem to believe since he was born with dual citizenship; that makes him not "natural born". As the courts haven't defined what this term even means thus far, I don't understand why it matters that Obama doesn't fit into your definition of what a "natural-born citizen" truly is. You dismiss Dr. Fukino, saying "Well yes that Hawaii Director can say that he is a natural born citizen as much as he wants but it has never been defined in the court systems", I would say back to you "you can say Obama is not a natural born citizen as much as you want, but it has never been defined in the court systems".

Given the last line that you quoted from factcheck.org;

Is that really an "allegiance"? He went over there for a couple weeks once in the late 80's before his presidency and his dad happened to be Kenyan. Seeing as "allegiance" is defined as

1. \tthe loyalty of a citizen to his or her government or of a subject to his or her sovereign.
    2. \tloyalty or devotion to some person, group, cause, or the like.

his relationship with Kenya hardly constitutes an allegiance, or really any loyalty/devotion to that country/government.... nor is he a citizen of Kenya. Your vision of what a "natural born citizen" is would invalidate the... natural-born-identity, for lack of better term; of many Americans.

additionally,

wait... for what? You're not... one of those people, are you? You brought this up elsewhere, in a different topic... Birthers are fun to argue with, though, because they're just so cocksure that Obama is not a citizen and they have nothing to back it up.

...And why won't the white house confirm or deny that Joe Biden has female sex organs? These questions won't go away.

15. he will be impeached and to this above ^ we should give you an award to for doing nothing

16. Impeached for what? War crimes? Banging an intern?... What?

Did you have anything of substance to add, perhaps a rebuttal to anything I've said, or would you prefer to continue to lob weak attacks at me "for doing nothing"?

17. My definition of Natural Born would be a child born in the Jurisdiction of the U.S. with both parents being American. I think that would qualify as Natural Born and thats what the Supreme Court believes also.

Exactly that is the argument at hand. No one knows what the Constitution means by Natural Born and we should end the debate by allowing the Supreme Court decide. I don't even care if it happens after Obama's 4 year term... it just need to be defined.

He was a citizen of Kenya until the age of 23. I'm sure by that age one would develop loyalty to half of his family that is present in that country. Obama has doubled the US Aid given to the Keynesians.

It's really just confusing because Obama won't clear the issue up. If he used other passports he had from other citizenships (Kenya, Indonesia) to travel around the world (Pakistan) that shows that he put his American Citizenship on the back burner. Hell the dude won't even release his college records.. Most people have to do that to get hired at a job. Transparent my ass. Obama doesn't just consider himself an American Citizen but a Global Citizen.