Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Im new to this? Need help with some weed questions

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Mzfifi, May 2, 2015.

1. #1 Mzfifi, May 2, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 2, 2015
    Well I just started smoking..so I would like to get some info on best types of weed for maximum high. Prices of weed?? ( I'm from nyc) and how can I tell the different weed by smell? Like what do some common strains look and smell like? Final question...how do I find a connect? Lol

P.S: Btw this is some weed I got from a friend...can someone tell me what this could be and is this an 1/8? Or less??? Thanks :)

Attached Files:

2. Doesn't look like 3.5... you should pour it out of the bag and put a lighter next to it so we can size it up. If I had to guess as-is I'd say it's about 1.5 grams if that's a #1015 baggie. (1" x 1.5")

You can stuff an eighth into a #2020 but that's if you really cram it in there, and that baggie is definitely not stuffed. (nor does it look like it's 2"x2")

3. No one can tell what strain any weed is, or how much it weighs by looking at a pic of it. Buy a cheap scale from Amazon, like this one: http://amzn.to/1GDJw5q It's less than $10 so compared to what you'll pay for weed it's a bargain. Smoke it up and let us know how it is!

4. #4 Norman Luis, May 2, 2015
    Nope, looks like 1/10 of an ounce to me, a dime, than again it doesn't look compressed so it might be like 1.5g

5. Depending on how big that big is and how dense it is it might be a 1/8 (3.5 grams).

Post another pic with something next to it for comparison.

If it's your first time, don't worry too much about the weight, looks like you got some decent bud right there my friend, smoke up and enjoy

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

6. #6 Two Scoops, May 2, 2015
    You won't know what a strain is by looking or smelling. There's so many that it's just not possible. What you can do is look at the trichomes (crystals) on the weed, and the more the better. Trichomes and potency of smell is a good indicator of quality product. Other things to check is texture. If it's really dry and brown, then I wouldn't even waste my time.
    But it looks like you have a quality product there. It's good that he sold you nugs instead of grounded product. If you really want to know what strain it is, ask your friend to ask the dealer. My dealer always tells me what strain I'm getting.
    Also I'd say that's an eighth. Hard to tell by pics but I doubt you got ripped off. If you're worried about getting a low amount, buy a cheap scale that measures in grams, make sure it measures to at least two decimal places. Or you could just see your dealer measure it in front of you (although it seems your friend middlemans it).
    I'd say you have a pretty good connect. After a while tell your friend to let you meet the dealer so you can just hit him up whenever and not have to rely on a middle man.

As for prices, in my area a gram goes for $20, an eight goes for $50, a quarter ounce goes for $80-85. I've never bought above that so I wouldn't know. I live in the south so my prices are pretty high, but reasonable. Never pay above $20 for a gram, especially if it's shit quality. And never pay above $60 for a quality eighth.