Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Im new to this..Can some help me out with some weed questions?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Mzfifi, May 2, 2015.

1. #1 Mzfifi, May 2, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 2, 2015
    Well I just started smoking..so I would like to get some info on best types of weed for maximum high. Prices of weed?? ( I'm from nyc) and how can I tell the different weed by smell? Like what do some common strains look and smell like? Final question...how do I find a connect? Lol

P.S: Btw this is some weed I got from a friend...can someone tell me what this could be and if this is an 1/8? Or less??? Thanks :)

Attached Files:

2. Could be an eighth, looks to be enough. How much did you pay.
    You can't just tell strains by look and smell.

And I'd say you do have a connect. His name is "your friend". Keep using him or ask him to introduce you to his guy.

3. you simply can't tell strains bassed off smell or looks and assume most strain names are made up buy a small scale off amazon and weigh out your weed every time you buy weight of weed varys a ton so it's also no possible to tell how much it is just by the look as for finding a connect you wont find anyone on this site indica and sativa are the types of weed indica is more couch lock and sativa is more giggly neither gets you higher

4. #4 Mid man, May 2, 2015
    Maybe an 8th. Buy a scale, it's basically essential to have one if your buying weed (I'm yet to have a dealer that brings his scale around). I don't get why people don't have one.  

1) It keeps you from getting ripped off from the same person again. My typical protocol if I'm shorted:

Determine if it was a difference in scales, or most likely intentional. Either way you should say something or it WILL happen again. If their scale is off, then know they know that they need to calibrate it. If they are shorting you on purpose because they think you don't check weight, they will probably stop. I never take I don't get why people don't make a bigger deal about short bags. It's like, if you shorted your dealer 10 he would be all over that blowing your phone up and shit.

2) You can now split bags with friends. Separating a quarter by 'looks' isn't splitting a bag I don't care if that stoner kid has been smoking since he was 4 you can't eyeball weed (in nug form). 

As for prices, different areas = different prices. The only thing that can be said about that is

- Anything over $20/g, $60/8th for dank is a rip off. 

5. #5 wafdof, May 2, 2015
    1.  Connect? Talk to friends that smoke is the best advice I could give you.  
    2. Buy a pocket Scale they are less than $15 it will pay for itself.
    3.  You can not tell exactly what type of weed from smell alone, nor can you tell if it strong for certain.  Smell can help but there are so many strains it is impossible to tell.
    4. You can google weed prices and get a general idea for your area.  High times keeps a list among other places online.
    5.  Depends on what you mean by Maximum high.  There are two main types that do different things.  Head high or couch lock or you can get both.  Leafly.com or many other sites have different strains listed.  Knowing what you want and what you can actually get are two different things in a nonlegal state.  In other words you may be limited to what you can get locally.  Some dumb dumbs call the top shelf stuff "Loud" I just call it top shelf or dank,  otherwise there is Mids which is probably the best value and swag or brick weed which is prob not worth your time as it is usually dry, compacted and in many cases (not always) weak.  You probably have some Mids there.

As far as Maximum high goes, just smoke more if you want to get more high.  You do know that there is no event at the Olympics for seeing how high you can get....yet, try enjoying it rather than seeing how ripped you can get.  The world needs burger flippers too I guess LOL.

6. Like price, the definition (or should I say quality) of 'mids' also varies 

7. Lol how could that be an eigth? Its in a dimebag

8. Even if that's short (which it looks like it is) I wouldn't care since its in a badass batman baggy lol

9. I'm not going to reiterate most of the good advice already given here. I will stress a couple of things though:

1. You need a small scale. This one is under $10 and works as it should You will always know how much you are getting.

2. Nobody knows how much your picture of weed weighs. We can't even make a guess unless there's something common in it like a bic lighter to show the size correctly.

3. Don't smoke Batman's weed, he's going to get pissed off. You do not want Batman mad at you.

10. To get a connect, simply ask someone if they smoke.... if you get something like "smoke what?" then you've scored ...Also I noticed you lived in NYC. might be a good idea to get a Sploofy to hide and eliminate the smoke...