I'm new to growing, less then a month into

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Scott404, Jun 7, 2016.

1. #1 Scott404, Jun 7, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2016
    Wassup to all, I'm a new member and also a new grower, I just begin in may...I have been doing research on my own, I have made my own custom made compost tea, I have a total of 6 plants, 3 inside and 3 outside... The ones outside I'm not too worried about, I'm letting nature take it a course and I will be posting pics of the outside plants later....

OK so all of my seeds are from same plant, far as I know, I got these seeds from my dealer, I live where it's not legal so seeds and all that stuff is kinda hard to come by, non the less I have already germinates my seeds and planted in a solo cup then transplanted into bigger containers, I have pics of the 3 inside plants below, I cannot tell if they are male or female yet, if anyone can help with advice, pointers, tips, or whatever feel free to comment ,..I would like to know how my plants look in comparison to other growers and one other thing is I planted all my seeds at the same time, indoor plants have been on 24 hr cycle ..I have this one plant that looks different (*PLANT-C*)'m not sure what is going on, if anyone has an idea or knows feel free to speak on it,..oh Yea I put seeds in soil around may 12th...

thanks everyone for your time and feed back

• Like Like x 1
  2. CM160607-02472102.jpg CM160607-02480504.jpg CM160607-02464901.jpg PLANT-A

CM160607-02502807.jpg CM160607-02504308.jpg PLANT-B
    CM160607-02510009.jpg CM160607-02511210.jpg PLANT-C(*the one I'm having issues with*)

• Like Like x 2
  3. They look like they are off to a good start.

What is your overall grow strategy/plan for the inside plants? Nutes/soil vs hydro/ light/ space/ ventilation. Without knowing more about this stuff, we wont be able to give much advice.

4. #4 Scott404, Jun 8, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2016
    Honestly I only bought some shake and feed even tho its time release , and I made some compost tea from some decomposed grass and some dog poop and some all natural green tea bags like 3 some bell peppers red and green and onions white or reg,and red some grass and weeds a scoop of peanut butter some rice ...That is all I can remember putting in, it was in a 30 gallon bucket I boiled all the water before I put in, I stirred it on an off for like 4 days outside in sun...an I also use some organic soil and plant food, so I germinated, in cups, then transplanted them after they had first real leafs , the ones after the very first seed leafs...by then I say a root or two sticking out, but they all started outside before I had my set up n lights, so when I transplanted them by then I had my set up, and put these ones inside, I used the tea in the soil to moist, I started off with a 200w 3000lumens crystal GE with a color around 3500k , as only light for all of them for about a week then I add 2cfl100w lights 65k color deluxe daylight or something, "***I may have number wrong or backwards I'm high please excuse me. But yea the cfl are bright white and the other is not red its like a a house bulb but way better an more clear an bright slight redish but the bulb clear, an they have been set under lights since may 12 or so and I water them real good wit the tea few days after they had been set, and few days later sprinkled some of the feed on top away from stem an leave them under 24 hour light, an a week ago I added 2 led 80w for more red , I will get exact specs with me, my tabs are in my grow from.... But I water like 1 or 2 times a week depending on how they are looking here is a screen shot of My log on my phone not much, but I started dating day of transplanted as day 1 which was may 12 on calendar Screenshot_2016-06-07-20-08-51.png

And I definitely need to know if they are females or not, and one other question, I read about auto flower seeds how would u know if u had one

5. They wont show their gender for a while. Some show their gender in veg after 6+ weeks in veg. Others might not show until they are a couple weeks into flower.

I dont know if there is a way to tell from looking at the plants if they are auto ot not. But if they were, the dealer would have used that as a selling point. Auto seeds tend to be a bit more expensive, and mostly produced by seed vaults from what i have read. So yeah.

No experience with soil or cfls, so i cant give any advice on that stuff. I wont be messing with that until i can grow legally outside, just need a good greenhouse.

6. Stop giving them dog shit.

• Like Like x 14
  7. It wasn't straight dog shit dude..did u read what I even said? And u talking as if my plants are dying or showing signs of issues which they aren't , but thanks for the input

Sent from my SM-G386T1 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

8. I don't know if a dog shit is efficient for nutrient use but whatever works more power to you. Bat shit is a common fert. I'd imagine it has to do with the animals diet and common dog foods are fucking vile.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 3
  9. Yea I started with 6 plants they all were given the same thing, I had 3 outside and 3 inside..1 outside in ground died, and the other one in the ground is growing very slow and small..the 3rd plant outside in the silver vase outside is growing good, and my 3 inside plants are growing faster and bigger, but one of the 3 is very small and ugly looks very deformed , I topped my inside plants Tuesday 7th june

10. Have u grown inside or outside?

11. Inside, I'm only on my second grow. I was thinking about cloning my plant when it's big enough and sticking it outside to see how it does

12. Legal or not, you can order seeds. I usually use Midweek Song.

13. #14 Olive Drab Green, Jun 12, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2016
    Also, seriously: stop being cheap and using dog shit and grass immediately. Don't use it at all. There's better fertilizer for that, i.e. Bat or seabird guano, poultry litter, etc.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Finally, upgrade your lighting to LEDs. Despite the idiots that bemoan MarsHydro, they do work, and anyone who disagrees has never used them or witnessed them used, they are just on the bandwagon. $70 for the 300w, a little more for the 600w. CFLs will not give you good flower nor yields. eBay or Amazon, your choice.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Nothing wrong with marshydro but it's not helping anyone by saying it's a 300w light when it really only draws like 140w. Helps nobody besides marshydro I guess lol

• Like Like x 3
  16. Goes for all led, not just marshydro. Theres only a couple brands that list real watts

• Like Like x 1
  17. Draws 140w, puts out the power of 300w.

18. That's impossible. It draws 140w but each diode is rated for a max of like 5w. But since it only draws 140w you have to divide 140 by the number of diodes. If each led was actually running 5w of power it would burn up, unless it's rated for like 10w, then they would just inflate the wattage more. Bottom line, you cannot run an led at his max rated wattage, usually there're at 1/3 - 1/2 power

19. It isn't impossible, that is just how LEDs are designed. They are just efficient.

• Like Like x 1