im new. need fresh input!!!

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by 123chris999, Sep 5, 2012.

1. hey fellow growers!!! was just wondering what u guys think about my almost 5 week old girl and could give me any tips!

this is her side view:
    ForumRunner_20120905_001907.png

and top view:
    ForumRunner_20120905_001948.png

I have a 180watt Prosource Worldwide jumbo UFO illuminator over her about 20-22" from canopy. ocean forest media and based on AN jungle juice nute system with other various vitamin supliments. room temp stays from 75-85 (hard to maintain in a small closet grow in a hot room and I live with my family so needs to stay low key). humidity stays between 30-40%. any and all input is appreciated!!!! :)) smoke on!!!!

2. Looking good so far!

3. this is my closet grow, 3ftx20in (first grow)

ForumRunner_20120905_123419.png

this is a top view of my soon to be main tops

ForumRunner_20120905_123738.png

and this is a close up of one of the main tops

ForumRunner_20120905_123801.png

4. any other input?? Haha cmon guys

5. Damn man, I'm suprised you aren't getting much feedback. I guess it's because everything is looking so good. Keep up what you're doing because it's looks great! Thought about LST'ing or doing a SCROG?

6. is this 5 weeks since seed? You look like your doing fine, and by my little(very little) experience..... they hit a growth spurt and amaze you!

Don't worry, some hit growths later/earlier than others. My little experience has taught me that cannabis is a tough(resiliant) ass plant(weed), and sometimes you just gotta be patient and let them to their thing!

7. Hey, and i'm sorry i didnt see your closet pictures before i posted. The LEDs are sick, but this means you CAN have your lights VERY CLOSE to your plants. Lower the LED's to about 6" away, if it seems to hot... go back a few ""'s, if the plants handle it... move in closer!

I'm stoked your using an LED, but you have to keep them close to the plant, as the plants don't "reach" as much with led's as the standards. Remember you got LED for a reason, low heat, and efficient power! Use that UFO to its potential!

Good Luck, and correct me if I'm wrong, but def lower that UFO!

8. #8 xxxxxxxxxxxx, Sep 10, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2012
    DONT do any of that until 2-3 weeks into flowering .
    All you`ll do is bleach it and cause stress, You also need the led higer than hids/mh/cfls so the spectrum can mix..

Rule of thumb for leds is 18-24" for vegging and 6-18" for flowering,I have 2 ufos on the go myself :smoke:

[​IMG]

9. [quote name='"DJSID666"']

DONT do any of that until 2-3 weeks into flowering .
    All you`ll do is bleach it and cause stress, You also need the led higer than hids/mh/cfls so the spectrum can mix..

Rule of thumb for leds is 18-24" for vegging and 6-18" for flowering,I have 2 ufos on the go myself :smoke:

[/quote]

this is the same thing that I have heard too. thank u for the input guys it really helps

10. [quote name='"303kushman"']is this 5 weeks since seed? You look like your doing fine, and by my little(very little) experience..... they hit a growth spurt and amaze you!

Don't worry, some hit growths later/earlier than others. My little experience has taught me that cannabis is a tough(resiliant) ass plant(weed), and sometimes you just gotta be patient and let them to their thing![/quote]

but no this is actually 5 weeks from a clone. I think its stunted from over nutes

11. I actually had to uproot and transplant becuz of these fertilizing pelets that I wanted to try but I didn't know were time releasing and it was giving my ppm meter a readout of over 2000 ppm which shocked me so I instantly flushed with molasses and got it down to 700 but I was still too worried so I replanted and mixed in some insect frass and fed it every thing I had (super thrive, root enhancer, amino acid suppliment, and veg nutes at qtr strength) seems to be handling it alright and that was 3 days ago.

has anyone had to uproot or anything like that? what should I expect, there seems to be some minor tip curling on random growth.

ForumRunner_20120910_200241.png

ForumRunner_20120910_200544.png

ForumRunner_20120910_200544.png

ForumRunner_20120910_200720.png

Attached Files:

12. Up rooting as you put it is just a re-pot/transplant nothing to be alarmed about.

As long as your gentle she`ll be fine ;)

13. I was extremely gentle here is a pick of the root ball.

ForumRunner_20120911_114738.png

14. Danglies lol

It'll be fine mate, it's advisable to gently manipulate the soil around the root ball before transplanting,

You'll know how she took it within 48hrs :)

15. sweet... yes I did massage the root ball out as much as I could while submerged in 5.5 water and let it soak a little while I prepared new pot. and this is day 4 and she seems to be liking it. any advice on what this purpling is?

ForumRunner_20120911_123425.png

16. That's just down to low temps because of the led, if ya lucky maybe a few leafs will purp around the colas ;)

17. [quote name='"DJSID666"']That's just down to low temps because of the led, if ya lucky maybe a few leafs will purp around the colas ;)[/quote]

my tent usually chills around 78-80 but sometimes drops to like 73 at the lowest and I only saw that once, every now and then ill see it at 75 but not to often.. so ur saying that the purpling is due to lower temps?

18. Yep, it could also be a defeciencey but your foliage looks healthy.
    It could also just be the strain, if the main stem starts to purp i would jump all over google....

Its very very common and farmers panic because the plants not all green.

IMHO Chill Winston ya all good ;)

FTR my low temps are sometimes the mid 60`s

19. [quote name='"DJSID666"']

Yep, it could also be a defeciencey but your foliage looks healthy.
    It could also just be the strain, if the main stem starts to purp i would jump all over google....

Its very very common and farmers panic because the plants not all green.

IMHO Chill Winston ya all good ;)

FTR my low temps are sometimes the mid 60`s[/quote]

dam alrighty man thank u for the input

20. I can't believe I didnt see ur thread b4! ur plant is looking sexy. If u don't mind me asking how much did u pay for the UFO? I'm researching led prices to maybe jump on one in the near future.