im new does it look ok

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by steevo, May 5, 2006.

1. the leaves have nothing to do with sex or problems. you might get some with 11 leaflets too. it happens.

2. cool i bet that looks mad with 11 leavs. nice one for the reply its put me at eeeeezzzzz now.cheers again all.
    laterz
    :p

3. apnin all im after a little advice if anyone has any? iv just put my plant into flowering 12/12 becouse i only have a small grow space. the plant is only 13" tall but is getting a little bushi and i dont want to start pruning untill i know what im doing. the plant is 6 weeks old tomorow is this to soon? and one last thing roughly how long does flowering take?
    ive put on a few pics so u can judge better
    cheers all look forward to your replies.

Attached Files:

• a.jpg
      a.jpg
      File size:
      97.3 KB
      Views:
    • b.jpg
      b.jpg
      File size:
      166.9 KB
      Views:
    • c.jpg
      c.jpg
      File size:
      152.3 KB
      Views:
    • d.jpg
      d.jpg
      File size:
      153.3 KB
      Views:
  4. 8 weeks for flower is pretty typical but some plants take longer, up to 11-12 weeks.

Why are you trimming? Think of those leaves as solar panels -- the more you have the more energy your plant can generate for bud growth. Whenever possible tuck instead of trim.

5. Yeah, and aside from light absorption, I remember reading that when cannabis plants are late into flowering, they eat themselves so-to-speak by sucking the nutrients and sugars from the fan leaves to nourish the developing buds.

6. Yeah it does :) i have a few will take pics and post tonight of 11 blade leaf.

The plant looks fine as is, you can flower it whenever your ready, and do not prune leafs while in flower.

7. hi guys thanx for ur reply but i havnt trimmed them just tucked a few of the bigger 11 leaflet fans under the smaller newer ones. but i had heard that trimming them would help them grow but i guess not.
    nice one for the info people im glad i put it under 12/12 now, i was a wee bit worried at first.
    cant wait to see them pics aswell.
    cheers guys, cross ur fingers for me that my first grow will be a she
    :eek:

8. hi all again as u know this is my first attempt in growing weed and so far so good but one thing i cant seem to find on the forum is CAN U OVER-FLOWER the plant and if you can how do u know when its ready for picking? also im still only using cfl's i know this not the best for flowering but should i still see results.
    cheers all thanks for all your input.

9. the was me by the way im on me sisters computer but now signed in as meeee.
    one more thing (i know im a pain in the arse) my plant is in a fairly large pot and i wanted to leave it in there but evry time ive repotted theres been roots just starting to poke out the drainage holes at the bottom of the pots and im worried that it might get root bound if i leave it in the one its in now but i dont want it to grow to tall for me first go. will it be ok now its in flowering (coz itll consentrate on budding rather than growing)? cheers again
    steevo.

10. There's no way around saying this steevo but you need to transplant that plant to a larger pot if you can already see the roots this early in flowering. I understand that you don't want a big plant, but the plant's size depends on how long it was vegged and whether or not you trained it. When it flowers the plant usually doubles in size, meaning the root structure more than doubles in size. Right now all your doing is stressing your plant(and yourself as you fear it'll become rootbound) because it's running out of room to grow.

I keep seeing first time growers saying they don't want a big plant and rather than be courageous and try LST or FIM'ing to control the plant's size they resort to keeping them in small pots instead...why? My plants are a month old as of today, and they're about 13 inches long(yes long, not tall). Since I LST'd and FIM'd they're growing parallel to the soil keeping the plant's height at about 3 inches from soil to the highest leaf. By the time flowering's complete, I assume they'll be around 7 inches tall and bushy as hell.

Once again, I suggest you repot your plants before they get too late into flowering.

Well, good luck on your grow. Keep us posted with updates.

11. cheers for that grandpewpil i will do id rather a big plant than a dead one. at the mo the roots seem to be almost as long as the plant just wondering if this is normall.
    also i,m pretty sure it is now a she but before i get to chuffed have look and tell me what you think.
    oh and the third picture is the best

Attached Files:

12. Yo Steevo.
    Lookin good big baby. So, is your sister Mashed? Anyway, I can't tell if she is female or not. I am leaning towards yes but, if you could take a close up picture of the area on your plant I circled, that would help us determine. Also, what GrandPewpil said is correct. The plant is probably technically root bound as soon as you see one single root coming out of the bottom. However, it looks like you have a pretty big pot there and it would be entirely possible to finish the plant in that pot; it will not die. However, if you have the resources to get it into a bigger pot, definitely do that and do it no later than week two of flowering. Good luck.

Attached Files:

13. hi guys long time no see (if u know what i mean) well i think all is going goodas u can see from the pictures. i put my little girl into flowering on the 23 of may and so the six weeks is almost up (on the 6th of this month) and i just wanted a few opinions of what you think and wether i should leave it. ive been giving it just plain water for about a week now. theres lots of crystals on there and the leaves (the bigger ones that arnt budding) are going crispy and dropping off. and one last thing is i cant seem to find lots of info or guides for drying the stuff and i havnt got a clue as how to go about it. any info would be greatly appreciated, thank u in advance and for the people who replyd to my earlyer posts, without your help i doubt vry much i would have been able to grow my baby. nice one

Attached Files:

14. very nice first grow Ilove those pics
    for drying just chop of the stems and hang em upside down some air circulation might be needed :)

15. cheers mate illdo that. but is there any other methods? and with hanging it upsidedown is it better to leave it in the dark with a fan on it? and how long does it take to dry out nicely.
    nice one all
    laterz

p.s. i just chopped her down and got about 4 1/2 ounces. i know the weight isnt a true reading yet coz its still wet. but i think its not bad for me first attempt. heres a few pics of what i got out of her.

Attached Files:

16. sorry put the same picture in twice:eek:

17. I don't know about sun drying so I couldn't help you. As for drying inside simply do what your doing hanging them up in a dark room with air moving around. Will most likely take a week or so. If you want the best taste out of your smoke, I would recomend keeping it in a manson jar for about a week after that. Enjoy your harvest looks great.

18. cheers mate,but whats a manson jar is it like a jam jar? and if its air tight do you let some fresh air into it every now and then?
    cheers again all
    steevo.

19. ahhhhhh. learn somthing new every day still wondering wether or not to open them up every now and then to let some fresh air in?