Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Im messed up

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by bdk2jw, Jan 25, 2014.

1. One word. Dabs

• Like Like x 1
  2. oh no. That will only work for like two weeks, then his tolerance will be REALLY screwed and he'll have to take an even longer break.

• Like Like x 1
  3. I once read this quote once... It was along the lines of :  To live High you need some sobriety.

It sounded way more wise than that, but I think you get what I'm saying.  I wish I could find the exact words.

4. After 55+ years of using Cannabis I still get higher than a kite.

I always have two or more strains to change back and forth with.

5. You dont even have to take a monthlong tbreak. 5 days will do, it did for me and i was fucking annihilated. short tbreaks are worth it. i mean who seriously likes to take a two month tbreak? Fuck that shit... a week will do man.It's the only way hahaha

6. #26 Pogmoney, Jan 25, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2014
    I've been smoking daily for 7 years and still get the satisfied stone every time. Just try to limit your in-take. For you a t break may be best, but once you start up again only smoke at night and a little more on the weekends. GL ^_^--------------------------------------- Smoke On! c(o.oc)

7. Besides a tolerance break, may I suggest Omega 3? Here is why, but I have do a little educating to explain it all.

The way you get high is that the THC goes in your lungs, then directly into the blood stream, and then it sneaks past the blood/brain barrier that keeps a lot of nasty things out of your brain, and then to the part of the brain called the hippocampus. Once in the hippocampus, the THC activates CB1 receptors, tiny chemical receptors in, on, and between your cells, and you get high! :smoking:

Now here's where the Omega 3 comes in.  According to this study-

Nutritional omega-3 deficiency abolishes endocannabinoid-mediated neuronal functions.
    (abst – 2011)           http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21278728

.. the receptor does not get attached properly if there is no Omega 3 in your diet. Kind of like a speaker with a loose wire, the message "I'm HIGH!" just does not make it into the brain cell- and you don't get high! :cry: Now since you have millions of CB1 receptors in your brain, the odds of them all being "duds", is pretty dang small. But each dud receptor cuts into your high, and if you eat a normal American style diet, you are NOT getting enough Omega 3!

O-6 to O-3 ratio- Discover the Shocking Reality That Ruins Your Health More than You Think! [SIZE=10pt]http://www.thefreelibrary.com/Omega-6+to+Omega-3+Ratio+-+Discover+the+Shocking+Reality+That+Ruins...-a01073970178[/SIZE]

How too much omega-6 and not enough omega-3 is making us sick 
    http://chriskresser.com/how-too-much-omega-6-and-not-enough-omega-3-is-making-us-sick

And an easy chart to help you pick Omega 3-rich oils for cooking.  :hello:

Good Oils and Fatty Substances http://www.math.ucsd.edu/~ebender/Health%20&%20Nutrition/Nutrition/oil_good.html

So how long does it take to make a difference in your high? Well, the hippocampus also controls depression, so this should be a good "yard stick" for judging that, since it is the same area of the brain-

How Long Before Fish Oil Works on Depression to Lift Your Mood?  http://ezinearticles.com/?How-Long-Before-Fish-Oil-Works-on-Depression-to-Lift-Your-Mood?&id=4229948

Fish oil and flax seed oil are cheap sources of Omega 3 (check Walmart, or Puritan's Pride online).  Women have an advantage over men when it comes to Omega 3. Women are better able to process the short chain plant Omega 3 into the long chain animal type that we need. Men just do better on fish oil, than flax seed oil. Besides improving your high, Omega 3 is "Heart Healthy" :love:  and helps with a lot of other health problems! So taking it, even if you are happy with your high, is a good idea!

FYI- I take about 2 + grams a day of mixed flax, fish and hemp seed oil. Hemp seed oil has the right balance of Omega 3 and Omega 6 for optimal human health! (Cannabis is just flat out amazing! :yay: )

Granny

8. No, no, no!

I'm the harmless crazy old coot down the street who smokes pot. Role model is NOT part of my job description.

Sorry.

9. #29 foxforcefive, Jan 26, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 26, 2014
    You've go to go into your bowl with a positive outlook. It sounds like you've been going in lately with a negative mindset like, "I'm definitely not gonna get high at all." Well, if you think that way, your brain will be tricked into being disappointed no matter how high you actually get.

Take a month to two month break and when you get back, do some dabs or eat some edibles. I promise you'll get fucked up just like old times.

10. well the T-break will still help even if ur getting high cause it will make ur high that much more intense, but as far as  not feeling high enough, just have a positive attitude and shit like that. I know this is a pretty generic anwser and u dont think it will help, but you might as well try. nothing will go wrong if it doesnt work. best of luck to you my friend

11. well the T-break will still help even if ur getting high cause it will make ur high that much more intense, but as far as  not feeling high enough, just have a positive attitude and shit like that. I know this is a pretty generic anwser and u dont think it will help, but you might as well try. nothing will go wrong if it doesnt work. best of luck to you my friend

12. you answered yourself. id take a couple weeks off at least, youll thank yourself later.

13. a T break will help you but it seems your just used to be high now you know what to expect when you smoke id take a break for a few weeks then when you decide to smoke get a nice dank nug and some hash for topping hell even take a dab and watch yourself become rocket man.

14. It's probably the strain of weed.Sent from my iPod touch using Grasscity Forum

Off topic, but I love reading your posts and picturing you as a baked spongebob on the web talking about weed. like the personality in your posts I've seen makes it hilarious

• Like Like x 1
    Haha thanks man, much love.

• Like Like x 1
  17. yea dude this honestly could be it. Like I know now 100% what being high is like. I used to not be able to smoke a lot because I guess I just didn't know what would happen, but now it feels like I could just smoke and smoke and smoke because I mean why would I fear? Theres nothing TO fear lol because I know what is gonna happen and I know i'll be fine. Maybe i need that edge to make weed fun for me again

18. Maybe try meditating, to try and clear your head of all this negativity your thinking, if you want to try an alternative to a T-break that is!

19. I useley take a brake for a few weeks that will set you straight.

20. #40 edddch, Jan 27, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 27, 2014
    take a break.
    or move on to something better: dab.

dabbing will make your tolerance even worse lol, but dabbing is a better (PERSONALLY) way to smoke for me. 
    it gets you high faster and long and I don't wake up with gluey things stuck in my throat.. smoking burned materials just isn't good for you. 

a break will do it though. I was experiencing the same thing one time and I went away to vacation for 2 weeks. The first night I got back I danced in the shower for an hour (I smoked a lot but I had't been smoking long, So I'm sure 2 weeks wouldn't do much for me now). 

One more thing is to try edibles. Get something with 250mg or 500mg and eat very very carefully. But they take forever and they last way too long :p

yeah try dabbing, or just smoke any concentrates. Having a high tolerance simply sucks. 

good luck