Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

I'm making canabutter for the first time. I have questions and need any advice

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by JohnEarlMadden, Jun 22, 2010.

1. I would like to make cookies as orderless as possible. I'm in an apartment and I just don't really want to stink up the place for my neighbors.

My plan is to put about an ounce of bud into an emma jar with 1 stick of butter. I was then going to seal it and place it in a pot of hot water and let that simmer for 4 hours.

After that my plan was to take a cheese cloth and strain it into a Tupperware container and then make the cookies normally.

My questions are:

Will this work?
    Is there anything I'm forgetting?
    How potent will this be?
    What would happen if I don't strain it and just cook with the whole shabang?
    How long would the butter last in the freezer if I didn't cook with it immediately?
    Do you have any advice for me in general?

2. Don't wanna be mean or anything just trying to help. There's a forum for cooking with bud here Incredible, Edible Herb - Grasscity.com Forums

I'm sure I saw a tutorial on canna butter too good luck. You'll hlget better responses there.:D