I'm looking to make money... online.

Discussion in 'General' started by tea.mochi, Feb 15, 2008.

1. Yeah I couldn't think of a better title, really. XP
    Sorry if its misleading, I'm not advertising or anything, just seeking advice.

Anyway, I'm kinda looking for a job right now, but I'm familiar enough with the general availability of jobs in my area that I know there are few to none (especially ones I would be qualified for).
    So I'm kinda looking to online money making, be it through ebay or some other source.
    I would really like to start a site I can sell stuff (like my art) on, but I'm not positive that the time and effort would pay off in the end.

Anyway, I figured I could turn to you guys, my dear friends in the city. I know at least one of you does this money making deal online, I checked out cashcrate.com and it seemed... questionable. I looked into more things and it seems you need to have some sort of experience, or it looks like a scam... then I found this site. http://www.gmoneyflow.com/drupal5/main

I guess its a stock thing, you give them any amount and they put it into stocks or something. I'm not sure, I know nothing of stocks. I went to the FAQ and they don't need your SSN or tax info, which seems okay to me (why do I want to pay taxes? lol) but I want an honest opinion from you guys. I mean, I'm sure I could risk 10 bucks to see if this really works (they say you can put in as much money as you want) but I just want a second opinion.
    I'm hoping that if I could make good money from this, I could move out of this place and get a different apartment or house or something, maybe start my first grow ^___^.

I'm just waaaay too lazy to go out and find a job right now, and I really like the thought of working at home. OH and if you guys have different ideas, if you know of another way to make money online or something like that, maybe you've found a site that works for you, then please tell me, cause I would love to check it out.

Anyway, please don't be rude, if you have some personal problem with people seeking money online, then please don't respond.
    I'll be the first to admit that this could be a scam, and that I'm being too naive about this, but there are certain 'criteria' that this site has met that makes me think this could be real. (little money to risk, free application, effort put into the site, no sharing of personal info, free to quit at any time, etc).

Anyways... what do you guys think?
    And thank you for reading this far, I realize I can go on and on and on....
    Peace ^_^

2. Ebay. Buy, then sell. Then buy more, and sell more. Buy. Sell. Buy. Sell.

Made 2 grand in a month doing this when I was only 16. That was a little over 3 years ago, but I know there are still endless money making opportunities on Ebay.

Also, try finding anyone you know who might have a broken Ipod, then buy it from them dirt cheap, get it fixed for about $25, then sell it as refurbished. Easy way to make a couple hundred dollars quickly.

If you don't know what to buy and sell on Ebay, I suggest starting with necessities. Things that people NEED on a daily or weekly basis, these things will often be sold in bulk/wholesale and then you can resell individually and add a few dollars here and there to the Shipping Costs or the cost of the item itself.

It takes a bit of time to do this, you have to be responsible enough to go to the post office daily, keep everything organized, and keep track of your cost/profit ratio.

3. You know that does sound like a good idea. I have an account on ebay and such, but I just couldn't think of how to start, maybe with something around the house even? My boyfriend has a moped, it just needs a battery, other than that its perfect, but I'm not sure how you would ship a moped XP.

4. That would be an ideal item to sell on www.craigslist.com

5. Oh yeah huh lol.
    I honestly don't know why I didn't think that XP

6. they are scams, I avoid them like the plague.

The only way I know to make money online is by leaning to code and doing some freelance coding. Web design, games etc.

Good luck, hope you find something!

7. Thank you amsertdamage, I hope I do too.
    How do you learn code? Is it easy? Does it pay well?

8. It's like learning a foreign language. You have to really stick with it and really want to understand it. I've been coding for 8 or 9 years now and I love it, but it does take time to learn.

9. hmm well maybe I'll look into the coding thing, but ebay might be a better place for me to start, or craigslist.
    Ugh... I just want to make money T_T... I wish people were hiring already.

10. It is pretty easy if you take it step by step.
    There's good money too, both in designing the pages and in writing the code that makes it all work.

11. True, maybe I could find some info online or something.
    Starting a site selling my art would be ideal, but I'm not sure I could get that much traffic, even if I advertised.

12. i doubt you'll want to do any coding

13. i find a good part of web design to be art heavy, i myself suck at art and therefore suck at web design, but i can write code like nothing so i guess its a trade off

people definately pay for good looking websites so if you are artistic and have photoshop thatd probably good bank

14. I do have photoshop and a tablet. *hmmmmmm*

15. tru dat

im making a java pong this weekend with my mate for a programming assignment lol

16. damn whatever happened to good old fashioned drug dealing

17. I'm scared to deal drugs, you kidding me?
    Portland police are scary, no way I want to get caught.

18. I'm pretty good at making money online, I'll talk to you.

19. I make money playing videogames :rolleyes:

20. How do you make money playing videogames??