I'm looking for proof

Discussion in 'Science and Nature' started by Ouroboros, May 4, 2010.

1. linking scientists laws of the universe to the real universe

please sumbit your questions and answers

since math is conceptual it can be applied to everything, even nothing right? so what are the laws of nothing that makes it essential for there to be something

simply, we state energy cannot be created or destroyed, which I suspect implies a universe where everything already was, but does that mean, of course, due to logic, that reality would be finite and closed, or else everything that there ever was and will be will always be in the same place unless modified by free will and power

we must accept that nothing exists, because surely there is no such thing as anything except for something, then what is something? why can't it be created or destroyed, and how did the scientists from the past come to this conclusion?

would it be 'magic' if everything always was, or is it truly possible to imagine that if there were a magical concept of time far back enough in the past that there was never anything before there was something, and if there was never something, everywhere, then why does it suddenly become?

unless of course everything always was and always will be, then how the hell did that happen, where was it, where did it go, and where is it now?

I believe its completely possible to predict with logic, just by thinking, percieving the true form of our thoughts, or simply watching the way that light moves can all give you clues about the reality of reality

my reality seems to be so full of 'stuff' that it seems like a miracle and a blessing that it happened, and is here now, there must be some sort of process for this genesis, and we must conclude that alternate variations of matter also exist, floating forms of ethers in the cosmos that would rip up the safety of our existance

there are simple ideas which evade me, such as heat, which I believe can provide simple solutions to the questions that are always on our minds, that we will ultimately solve

2. Your post was hard to follow, but I'll try my best to stay on topic. This should be in philosophy too, BTW.

I believe that the universe "started" in a ginormous black hole where the atoms inside were so compressed they couldn't even technically be called atoms, because they are not bound; only clumped together electrons protons and neutrons. When the black hole exploded, the "atoms" came together to form hydrogen, the first element. When the hydrogen clumped and ignited it started fusing the hydrogen together into helium, and helium to carbon, etc(to get all the elements that are familiar and "natural" to us on earth.)

Uh..."matter can't be created or destroyed" comes from the fact that when you "destroy" anything you are only converting it. Splitting an atom would probably be the closest thing to "destroying" matter, and that is simply fission and creates alot of energy and creates two of a separate atom (Ie. if you split helium, you'd get 2 hydrogen atoms) and if you split a hydrogen atom, I think you just get lots of radiation.

There is also Anti-matter, which when comes in contact with matter, it disappears(I'm not quite sure on the mechanics or details of this.)

Anyway, I believe that eventually the universe will contract again, coming together from the forces of gravity and the super black holes colliding and creating super massive black holes which collect more matter(and maybe anti-matter) and create a super massive ginormous black hole which is our universe back where it started, which will eventually explode again.

3. #3 Carl Weathers, May 4, 2010
    Last edited: May 4, 2010
    Ethers:

R-O-R

Generally speaking ethers are quite unreactive species, probably wouldn't rip up anything in our existence.

Just because you can't wrap your head around the concept doesn't mean scientists can't ;)

[​IMG]
    His reaction to your proposal. He recommends you study thermodynamics.

But really, you should read this it might give you something to ponder:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arrow_of_time

4. thanks, the only thing there is to do is to do it