I'm kinda tired of...

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by Mishkavich, Aug 9, 2009.

1. Hey, guys I'm new to the Music Hall section of GC, but I just want to state my point why I'm tired of people hatin on Autotune and programs like that. Now I love all music, seriously through out the day I will listen to anything from country, to classical, to hip hop, to rap, I love the Pink Floyd and Tribe Called Quest in the morning though :). Anywho, I had a discussion yesterday with like 5 people who all said they have lost respcet for anyone who uses autotune...well I say fuck that and heres why...

First of all, artists who use autotune are still artists. It still takes creativity and imagination to come up with a beat, song, lyrics, etc. In my opinion, just because you can't hit a perfect pitch doesn't mean you can't be an artists.

Secondly, I think autotune is just the next step in technological advancement in music. Think about this...before autotune there was the programs on the computer that produced beats and other sound effects, before that there was the tuning instrument, before that there was the amplifier and microphone, before that there was other stuff that probobably made people think they were "cheating the system", unlike the artists before them.

Anywho, sorry if this has already been a topic...

keep bouncing...keep bouncing