I'm just now appreciating Reggae...

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by Unorthodox, Feb 15, 2007.

1. ...I never stopped and really listened to a lot of Reggae until recently. I'm only sort of familiar with Bob Marley, as expected. Legend is a pretty good start I think, though. I just really enjoy the alternative groove that it puts off, in comparison with a straighforward beat. The instrumentation is interesting too. The lyrics, vocal harmonies, the prominent bass guitar, I'm diggin everything. Where do I go from now? I'm trying to download a Bittorrent client program that will work well with Mac OS X. Any suggestions?

I've listened to a lot of reggae while at work, but I never know who most of the artists are, I think it's on satelitte radio or Muzak. Thanks for any help. I'm also to reggae history lessons if anyone feels so inclined. I've gotten into so many other types of music, and it wasn't really time for reggae until now, so I really have no knowledge of it's foundation.

2. I also am pretty much just getting into it. and love it. it always has such a positive vibe.

3. I've also just started listening to reggae a few days ago. I listen to live streams (online radio) or just go to pandora. However, I appreciate it much more when I am high.

As far as the torrent client goes, I suggest using transmission. It is really simplistic but works like a charm .