I'm jonesing over the graphic design thread

Discussion in 'General' started by gillyweed2, Sep 3, 2008.

1. What's to say, man? Amazing looking.

2. I dunno :confused_2:
    But I'm looking forward to seeing the top 10 that's all I gotta say.

3. I might actually be more interested to see which ones make the initial cut down to 20 entries

4. i've got no illusions of winning this one. some people entered in pieces that work much better as commercial graphics. I think I won the last one because I was the only one to include grasscity into the piece ;)

It did take a few weeks after the end of the last contest to the judgment. so have patience :)

5. i see what you mean, wierd!! i like tony's more persoanlly. One a wall paper, the other a poster

6. I didnt notice it until you pointed it out! Hah, I just smoked one though, so who knows? It's a gorgeous piece of work none the less :) Where can we see yours sky?

7. Up near the top of the page

8. Haha, my apologies for my idiocy! :p

That's some amazing work sky! I'm sure you'll enjoy your prize money!

Oh ps, you changed your avatar, and for a few mins, I had no clue who you were :)

9. I'm pretty anxious as well....
    I worked forever on mine, trying to make it as realistic as I could. It turned out alright I think, but nothing like my original idea (couldn't find the right pictures).

10. Could you post it in here? I don't want to wade through 20 pages to try and find it in the original thread

11. lol I feel ya. here it is

[​IMG]

12. I like the Weed-Signal

And how it looks like you're walking out of a forest into the biggest field of bud imaginable

13. Well when I thought of how grass city would look like if it really was a city, I figured it would be surrounded by a weed forest, not to mention all the grows inside the city ;)

But the hard part was the weed field for sure. It was a full out daytime picture. So I had to make it match the city look. It kind of turned out like the city is giving off light making the weed grow :p

14. Yeah, the buds look like they're backlit...I couldn't put my finger on it til you said it

15. OMG amazing, hands down amazing, i like the others but this is damn!

16. I would really like some criticism on my work as well.
    If you guys don't mind, here they are:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My favorite is the last one, by far. Very sexy, and I just love the background I made with the nice textures and everything.

17. #37 gillyweed2, Sep 3, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 3, 2008
    Tony I gave you feedback I said it looked like it took a month to do, the only thing I thought you should have changed was instead of making the world a little greener I would have put either galaxy or universe since you had the alien in the design. :)

18. Yeah I'm excited to see the top 20, fuck winning or placing, this shit was fun.
    Good luck to all.

19. For those who subscribed..

20. Awesome news! Can't wait!