Im J/W

Discussion in 'Planes, Trains & Automobiles' started by Dizzy, Sep 1, 2021.

1. Would it Be Legal For Me an My Husband To Get Bullet Proof Windows for Our Vehicles?

I Heard this Idea from The Rapper 50 Cent Did it in The Past.

I Mean Me an My Family Not So Famoous or Important that We Got People Targeting us Specifically but We Do Live in Illinois (Joliet) an Well You Probably Know How it Be Over Here Sometimes...like The Wild West. It Always Good to Be Prepared too imo!

I Go Riding With My Family Sometimes an Call Me Silly or Paranoid idc but I Get Nervous When a Person Pull Up Beside us I Be Feelin Like they Bout to open Up With a Gun for W/E Reason.

We Both Carry but ina Situation Like that They Would Have The Element of Surprise.

Anyways I was Just Thinkin to My Self My Drives With My Family Would Be Alot More Peaceful for Ya Girl if We Had that...also Would Someting Like that Be Expensive?

~Toni~

2. Yes it would be expensive, not just for the glass, but the entire door and rails would need to be modified for the increased thickness.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Ohhh Ok That's What I Wanted to Know. This Just Hypothetical Anyways but is it Legal to have it Like that?

~Toni~

4. Yup it would be legal in the US. Another problem is that the car door itself is basically nothing but tin that even a .22 can shoot through.

5. sounds like unhealthy paranoia. It legitimately sounds insane like PTSD or some other mental illness.

I could be wrong, maybe you have a good reason for being on edge maybe you live in a dangerous area. Still tho constantly worried about being shot doesn't sound good to me

Sent from my SM-G960U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. I've replaced one in an armored car before. The weight was surprising. You probably wouldn't appreciate the 8mpg I'd assume you would get after adding all the weight.

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. Sounds very exhausting to have it like that. Someone explained the american thought on guns to me as simply as : "i need to get a gun to protect myself from you"

Hope you never will have to draw the weapon. Sounds like an unsafe community

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. Eh, I personally don't view guns like that. I mean protection is important though.

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. #9 Dizzy, Sep 1, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2021
    I do have Really Bad Anxiety but it because of someting that Happen me back in Jamaica. This Not About me tho iwasJ/W bout the Bullet Proof Vehicles. an I think I got my Question Answer now. :)

~Toni~

10. [​IMG]
    2013 MERCEDES BENZ GL63 AMG, GL, ARMORED BULLET PROOF LEVEL 5, SRT8 - $79,999
    2013 MERCEDES BENZ GL63 AMG, GL, ARMORED BULLET PROOF LEVEL 5, SRT8...

Tho I prefer the Syrian method of installing steel plates 24"x36"x 2" behind the seats the firewall and seat lowers so you may crouch down, bullet proof windows means the shooters get time to work on you, as you can't fire back, to prevent the surprise angel always carry an extra person in the back as look out, a tall car with a big engine is a must, bullet proof jackets are popular back east too

• Creative Creative x 1
  11. Lol Well Damn You Just Come Prepared for Anyting Don't You V! Lol I Will Say this Much that Isa Really Cool Idea. I Wish We Could Afford to Get it Like that!

~Toni~

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. #12 Vee, Sep 2, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2022
    My babe has a bullet proof back pack that I really like she got in Paris years back, its just a normal backpack but heavy[​IMG] a buddy did make his own bullet proof jacket out of old car seat belts but that was years ago I've not heard of him since ...lol

Bulletproof Backpacks - Safesuitcases.com

• Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1