Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

I'm in need of medical advice

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by MacaroniandRooR, Apr 29, 2011.

1. Hi blades,

Now i started smoking pot after i had completed a school assignment on marijuana for Health & PE. Before this assignment I was pretty much anti-pot and never knew of any health benefits it may have. See down here in Australia the laws still stand that marijuana is illegal on all scales, correct me if I'm wrong.

Now i started smoking with a friend to find out what it was like and ever since then my herb smoking has been great. I started smoking for recreation, then 2 months later I had realized its helping my aches and pains. I have always had ankle pains, knee problems, lower back pain, neck pain and depression has joined the list recently.

So the main point of this thread is that no medication the doctors prescribe me does what marijuana does for my pain. In Australia we all still have to go to a "guy" or "gal" that sells us our medicine. I am sick and tired of having to buy my pot illegally and now that I have no more weed left my unbearable back pain and knee aches have kicked in and its been about 2 weeks since my last toke.

In your opinions whats the best strain for helping these aches and pains I have and to help my depression also. I have heard Power skunk does wonders with joint pain. Also has anybody ever heard of medical pot in Australia and if so can you please pm me

My knee pain is constant, some days on some days off. Back pain usually kicks in around 11pm each night and I'm not sleeping properly. Ankle pain starts at around 9-10pm most nights of winter but through summer they're fine so I'm thinking its something to do with the cold.

thanks for taking time out of your busy days to read my thread
    -peace

2. I live in Montana, but as far as I know, theres no medical marijuana laws in Australia.

Be safe!

3. I live in California, so not much help other than this...

Go see a doctor and talk to him about it. Tell him you want it documented in your medical records that it is the only thing that provides you benefit. I would also check with a lawyer before doing this as I don't know Australia's privacy and medical laws. Anyhow... get a paper trail of MEDICAL use. Then you might at least have some recourse with the law. Any steps you can to protect yourself the better.

In Short:
    Indica for pain
    Sativa for depression.

Any more specific going into strains will narrow your search and limit your ability to discover what works best. Just remember Indica for body Sativa for mind and you should good on selection.

4. A little Grape Ape is good for both....very potent upper!