Im hunting high!!

Discussion in 'Science and Nature' started by boatdock, Nov 13, 2011.

1. Send me some deer jerky :D

2. Nice eighter! is that a wood stock on that rem 270? my dad has the same gun its a beast =P

3. Also whats with all the haters on hunting, hunting is natural, the meat has no preservatives has never been cold pasteurized (irradiated to kill bacteria) the deer have never been cramped into a warehouse with thousands of other animals defficating on each other and then getting slaughtered covered in shit. they live completely free and natural, and if i have to kill two deer a year out of the millions in their population, i think i will if it means food for my family. i would never buy meat from the store because i have no fucking clue where that meat came from who handled it what the cow or w/e it was looked like b4 it was slaughtered. Honestly idk why more people dont hunt who are worried about the environment and shit. man up everyone and everything dies even you.

4. Good to know you're eating the animal and not just poaching for a certain body part, which is the only type of hunting that is wrong.

Lawld hard at people talking down on hunters. They have their priorities way mixed up. Go protest the meat aisle in a supermarket. Hunters > People who buy meat at a store.

I love how most hunting threads on this site turn into "hurrrpdadurr dunt kill mah wittle bambi nooooooo".

I would like to personally thank you OP for hunting animals and not contributing to the meat industry. You're a good person and you should feel good.

5. i don't wanna argue but i'd say it's pretty simple...this person just wants to talk about hunting while high...if you are against hunting, this thread is obviously not for you and it's not worth the effort to speak up and try to change one's mind about hunting. i come from a hunting family, i hunted for years, killed a bunch of deer, and guess what? i gave it up. i don't hunt anymore at all. but i still love people who hunt as well as their reasons to hunt. and you guys already nailed all the good reasons about hunting...

6. I am not against hunting if that is a major way one feeds themselves and or their families.

At least, not until we can grow meat from cell cultures. :)

7. [quote name='"dubaba"']Send me some deer jerky :D[/quote]

Send me some dank and I'll give ya a couple pounds! Haha sadly I live in an area where dank is mythical.

8. [quote name='"DrLingIsKing"']

Nice eighter! is that a wood stock on that rem 270? my dad has the same gun its a beast =P[/quote]

It's a composite stock and a Winchester but my dad has a rem 270, I think it's one if the best all around caliber!

9. [quote name='"bwood"']Good to know you're eating the animal and not just poaching for a certain body part, which is the only type of hunting that is wrong.

Lawld hard at people talking down on hunters. They have their priorities way mixed up. Go protest the meat aisle in a supermarket. Hunters > People who buy meat at a store.

I love how most hunting threads on this site turn into "hurrrpdadurr dunt kill mah wittle bambi nooooooo".

I would like to personally thank you OP for hunting animals and not contributing to the meat industry. You're a good person and you should feel good.[/quote]

I take pride in hunting mostly because when shit goes south and it's a matter of survival I know I'll be fine.

10. Lol at anyone who said hunting is "fucking up nature". Thats hilarious :smoke:

11. Ok fair enough, if you look at it that way I guess you have a point.

12. #52 RingOfSmoke, Nov 17, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2011
    And then subsequently fucking up wildlife

Edit: Not that I'm against hunting, just thought that'd be funny to say

13. Nice 4 point. Deer and elk are some of the best tasting animals, they are also in no threat of being endangered, quite the opposite.
    When shit hits the fan just watch how many starving people will want some of that meat.

14. [quote name='"CaptainCCC"']Lol at anyone who said hunting is "fucking up nature". Thats hilarious :smoke:[/quote]

But it is? Unless you are being sarcastic. It fucks up the food web.

15. how about fishing while high? i'm an outdoorsman all around, but gave up hunting a few years ago. i love fishing, kayaking, canoeing, camping...being high with nature is no better feeling. sitting in a stand is awesome, don't get me wrong, i love it...but being in a boat is just as awesome...
    i actually caught a 20 inch small mouth bass with joint in mouth this last summer!

16. Hardly. Deer are in overabundance in most places.

17. #57 boatdock, Nov 18, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 18, 2011
    Deleted duplicate post

18. [quote name='"imprettygood"']how about fishing while high? i'm an outdoorsman all around, but gave up hunting a few years ago. i love fishing, kayaking, canoeing, camping...being high with nature is no better feeling. sitting in a stand is awesome, don't get me wrong, i love it...but being in a boat is just as awesome...
    i actually caught a 20 inch small mouth bass with joint in mouth this last summer![/quote]

I love fishing also, flyfishing especially so. I went bass fishing with a friend after smokin a joint and had more fun than I ever did sober and I didn't even land one.

But then again everything is better with bud, that's my general motto.

19. [quote name='"hardcoreselkiez"']

But it is? Unless you are being sarcastic. It fucks up the food web.[/quote]

Fucks up the food web? Dafuq are you talking about? Hunting IS the food web, or part of it anyway. Because of habitat loss from building highways an cities there are hardly any natural predators of deer left. This has led to a population increase to the point where what habitat they have left is to the point of maximum capacity if you will. It's our resposiblity as humans to manage and keep wildlife in a balance. If we hunters didn't regularly harvest a percentage of the deer then A; The population would grow out of control which only means more disease and starving deer because the terrain could sustain it. And B: The already large number of crashed caused by deer would grow exponentially, increasing injuries and fatalities.

So instead of telling me hunting is wrong you should thank me for doing my part in managing our wildlife and the safety of people

20. [quote name='"imh1m4n"']I'm not a vegetarian but I only eat kosher or halal meat cos they kill it by cutting the jugular and it's dead before it feels anything.[/quote]

I have a video that I took myself on my farm that will make you change your mind in a heart beat! Cutting the jugular doesn't kill anything instantly. In fact, it prolongs the death. Takes a few minutes to slowly bleed out, and with every breath the animal takes more blood spews out of the jugular. Straight to the heart is more effective if you want a almost painless death.